General Aquaria Discussion • Monster Fish Rescue

For general fish and aquarium topics. Including catfish, aquatic plants, ponds, photography, etc.

Moderators: DJRansome, fmueller

Monster Fish Rescue

Postby TheFishGuy » Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:57 pm

Hi everyone, I’m looking for opinions on a t-shirt design. We’re still in the preliminary stages but this is what we’ve come up with so far… What do you think? Was considering if a person made a $25 donation or higher they’d get one of these:

The “Tâ€
TheFishGuy

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Postby bulldogg7 » Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:03 pm

Maybe design on back and buyers name on front, kinda like a uniform? Looks good to me. And for a good cause.
bulldogg7

Postby Dawg57 » Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:53 pm

I like the overall design but the Oscar looks too small...and 'un-monster like' in my opinion. I guess it might be a bit out of scale though if it were larger.
Dawg57

Postby emptyhead » Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:09 pm

I think there is too much and my eyes don't know where to focus. IMO overlapping the fish like this takes away from the design. I think the tiger catfish (?) by itself with your web address would look better and draw the eye to your address instead of being confused by the fish design.
emptyhead

Postby Shwaine » Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:07 am

I'm with emptyhead on the eyes not knowing where to focus. I think it's because the fish are layered in an unnatural manner. Perhaps reorganize them so it looks more like an aquarium scene with the background whited out. But with all the fish one atop the other, my brain just didn't know what to focus on.
Shwaine

Postby Munky » Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:18 am

Looks like one big hybrid monster. I agree with emptyhead- one big fish etc
Munky

Postby Munroser » Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:33 am

Hi, TFG...I'm agreeing with emptyhead...just the TSNCatfish...and the logo on the front. Some of us have long hair and logos on the back don't get seen. I would wear that t-shirt proudly 8)

A big hello to everyone...I just read the thread regarding the building of TFG's tank. It took a few days, but it was really worth it. You are all a very cool bunch. TFG there are no words. The respectful way you put all your material across and your respect for family (and fish) is much appreciated by this TSNCatfish owner. I wish you every success in all endeavours and in life.

Sincerely,
Annie aka Munroser
(Munro is my Bullmastiff, Walter is our Shovelnose thus Munroser)
Munroser

Re: Monster Fish Rescue

Postby BlackShark11k » Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:38 pm

TheFishGuy wrote:Moderators, if this is in the wrong folder could you please move it or delete it. Thanks, Jonathan

I thought you were a moderator :P

...Personally i don't like the font much...just my personal opinion. By the way those are some pretty nifty pics :thumb:
BlackShark11k

Postby TheFishGuy » Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:11 am

I'm planning on using a different picture of an oscar... and changing the font...

I'll be back with a new picture soon...

Oh and it'll only be a $15 minimum donation :D
TheFishGuy

Postby cole » Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:30 am

Do you accept any kind of monster fish at monster fish resuce? Or are there only certain types that you would have room to accomodate?

The reason I ask, is because I think it would be neat on the back to list the species your willing to take in, with a small picture of those fish next to the name. Almost like a grateful dead t-shirt with tour dates listed on it.

Anyway, regardless what you decide to do with it, you can count me on for a donation. I appreciate your cause, and all the hard work you put into it.

:thumb:
Cole~
The Dempsey Forum
A forum for all variants of Jack Dempsey
cole

Postby TheFishGuy » Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:26 pm

Thanks cole, I'm trying to keep the cost down on these, I love the idea but there'd be WAY too many fish to list LOL I'd love to put a picture of all kinds of monsters all over the shirt, covering every inch of it.... but I also subscribe to the K.I.S.S. method :wink:

At any rate... We got rained out today so I've edited the text a bit, but haven't gotten the picture options back from the person helping with that... But here's the text..... The oscar is going to be a picture of one of the tiger oscars that was a rescue and has since been adopted... The one still in the picture was my beloved "Oscar", she was 11 when she went onto the great fish bowl in the sky... Thought it'd be cool to honor her by putting her on the shirt but I can't find a clear or big enough picture of her...

Here's the new text:

Opinions?
TheFishGuy

Postby Munroser » Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:45 pm

I like the old font better...this one doesn't look balanced to me :?
Munroser

Postby TheFishGuy » Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:19 pm

See! I said the same thing to my wife! I wanted to capitalize the "m" in .coM.... Or Caps it all...

All caps didn't look good, to hard to decipher the words....

How's this:
TheFishGuy

Postby imusuallyuseless » Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:34 pm

You're nuts...I'll give you $15, just because of that fact :thumb:
Oscars, Festae, Cons, Mbuna. Various Tanks/Ponds
imusuallyuseless

Postby TheFishGuy » Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:35 pm

:lol: C'mon, I'm not advertising.... just getting opinions...
TheFishGuy

Next

Return to General Aquaria Discussion