General Aquaria Discussion • Please vote for my thread to be stickied!

For general fish and aquarium topics. Including catfish, aquatic plants, ponds, photography, etc.

Moderators: DJRansome, fmueller

Sticky or not.

Yes
37%
No
47%
Why should I care???
17%

Total votes : 30

Please vote for my thread to be stickied!

Postby BlackShark11k » Thu May 03, 2007 6:31 pm

I feel quite awkward writing a post about another post, but anyways, please submit your vote on the topic of making my thread, Cichlid(and other fish) Guessing Game!!!, stickied!!! It can be found close to this thread in this forum... Thanx.

Mods, Please(and don't lock this and tell me that i ought not to make this a thread!)
BlackShark11k

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Postby BlackShark11k » Thu May 03, 2007 6:42 pm

Who posted no??? :x
Oh, and Thanxs for whomever said yes :D :) :lol:
BlackShark11k

Postby blairo1 » Thu May 03, 2007 7:34 pm

:lol: I voted yes because it's a good game, it gets you really looking at all types of fish that you normally wouldn't, it's a good way of breaking the ice for a newbie on the forums. Anyone can take part and well, it's fun!
blairo1

Postby TheFishGuy » Thu May 03, 2007 9:39 pm

If you don't want people to vote no then you shouldn't have given them the option :lol:

Sorry, had to say it :D
TheFishGuy

Postby BlackShark11k » Thu May 03, 2007 9:39 pm

Why'd you say no??? What was that for. Your outdone anyways :D
BlackShark11k

Postby TheFishGuy » Thu May 03, 2007 10:19 pm

I didn't even vote..... It'd be a conflick of interest..... :D I think all good threads should be stickied :D
TheFishGuy

Postby BlackShark11k » Mon May 07, 2007 6:04 pm

Thanyou. Hey, why'd more people say no than yes??? Hey, can i add a poll question to this, like "I voted no, but i changed my mind :D "
BlackShark11k

Postby AnnaFish » Mon May 07, 2007 9:29 pm

Why would anyone say no! Geez
AnnaFish

Postby ikevi » Mon May 07, 2007 9:35 pm

Here is a good answer on why I say no.

In my opinion the only reason you sticky a thread is in order to make your forum better. Now the key thing is that the fewer the skickies the better. IE I don't want to have to scroll down 4-5 threads just so I can see something new that I am actually interested in. If I had my way each forum would have at most 1 sticky which was in essence a guide to all the important threads in that section, ie common questions and answers and where other guides are and so on. And that thread should be locked and only have 1 concise well organized post. (That looks nice to if possible.)

That means that threads like yours which while entertaining have no reason to be stickied. I mean what exactly is the reason that you feel your thread should be anyways? (I am not trying to be harsh this is just my personally reasons why I don't believe the thread should be stickied. I also wonder at how many different people are actually posting in that thread, ie is it a good representation such that most of all the users in this section actually continue to go to that thread.)

Again I do think you have a good thread, I just don't see a reason why it should be stickied. (I have been forums where almost every good thread was stickied and it became such a pain that in order to see any new threads one had to scroll down.) Now when I modded I fully encouraged people to write up organization threads and I would stick that one and unstick 3-4 others. Anyways you now know my opinion on the matter.
1250 gallons and counting... AAAA member
ikevi

Postby blairo1 » Mon May 07, 2007 9:39 pm

ikevi
Makes a very good point, in fact that's the exact reason I'm not trying to get my Bolivian Ram Sexing Guide stickied anymore.

It is annoying yes, but, the quote in my signature is pretty relevant here....

;)
blairo1

Postby AnnaFish » Mon May 07, 2007 9:43 pm

Perhaps a better solution then would be for everyone who enjoys/supports that thread to put a link to it in their sig!
AnnaFish

Postby iceblue » Mon May 07, 2007 10:39 pm

I voted no also. But don't worry about it. Good threads have a way of popping back up every once in a while. :thumb:
iceblue

Postby becadavies » Mon May 07, 2007 10:59 pm

I voted No because of the obvious posts its contains......need i say more :oops: :wink:
becadavies

Postby blairo1 » Mon May 07, 2007 11:00 pm

Hahahahaaaaaa!

Now everyones going to want to read it.....

:?
blairo1

Postby becadavies » Mon May 07, 2007 11:09 pm

Well they are NOW!!! :x

I could've meant the fish pics.......sorry i mean.....

I did mean the fish pics- there all boring and really uninteresting- and 56 pages of them too....... :P
becadavies

Next

Return to General Aquaria Discussion