Cichlid Fish Forum banner

Does anybody here know any cichlid breeders in Minnesota

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Haplochromine guy 
#1 ·
I want to know if there are any African Cichlid Breeders Or any Cichlid Breeders that offer Africans. My LFS won't offer anything but Blue Dragon Blood Peacocks (not to mention some fish that are too small...) and adult cichlids, I just want a couple o fry about 2 inches long you know, some male peacocks would be nice... also those stores are like 45 minutes away all of them. Petsmart won't give me high grade peacocks lol. I don't know how to find anybody on Craigslist or Faceboo, but is that really the best solution?

#3 ·
There is a local club, the Minnesota Aquarium Society, although I don't know how they are doing during the pandemic. Was always a good club for a wide variety of fish, not just Cichlids.

#4 ·
I'd guess they're (the club) not doing so well, but probably better than before since there's more time for the aquarium hobby under COVID work hours. I don't have Facebook, but I think one of the stores said nobody really sells africans on it. I might not need the breeders anymore, but if you tell me some I'd thank you for it...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.