Aquarium Setup • Epsom Salt

New to the world of cichlids? For discussion on how to set up new tanks, including placement, filtration, substrates, water, etc. No stocking discussions here.

Moderators: fmueller, Mcdaphnia

Epsom Salt

Postby shiftyfox » Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:03 pm

What is the recommended dose of Epsom Salt to add to the whole tank before I add in metroplex..?
shiftyfox

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Re: Epsom Salt

Postby Steve C » Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:35 pm

You'll find a wide range of how much per gal that is suggested. On average 2 TBS per gal is about right, but personally I don't really measure when I do it. I just use about a handful for every 10g when I do it. Also best to do it slowly over 24hrs so the fish can adjust. So rather than add the full amount for say a 75g. Just add enough for about 25g, then 10hrs later the same amount, then 10hrs after that the same amount. That's just the way I do it and have always worked well for me, I'm sure others will probably have other suggestions as well.
75g Bichir tank
75g Paludarium
20g grow out
10g grow out
Steve C

Re: Epsom Salt

Postby Iggy Newcastle » Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:58 pm

Steve gave great advice.

Here's the article from this site- https://www.cichlid-forum.com/articles/ ... t2_pt1.php

Go to page 3 concerning Epsom. Whether you're using Metroplex or pure Metronodizole, the Epsom dose will not change.
Iggy Newcastle

Return to Aquarium Setup