Switch to full site
New to the world of cichlids? For discussion on how to set up new tanks, including placement, filtration, substrates, water, etc. No stocking discussions here.
Post a reply

Re: 265 tank makeover with quarantine and other questions

Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:00 pm

He is currently the only clown in the tank. I normally have had them in the past in most my tanks in groups of 4-6. But this guy was one that I picked up a couple years ago with some other fish I got and I always intended to get him a few more clown's to go with him, but never got around to it. Eventually I will but it's just one of those things where you mean to do it, but every auction I either forget, or the only clowns there go for too high a bids. Funny thing is he's kind of a rule breaker as well, as everyone says they have to be kept in groups or they will hide and not do well. This guy even being the sole loach is just always active, eats up top with the other fish, and has claimed the round rock in the center of the tank as his own and always sits on top of it and never hides. I've even caught him chasing some of the mbuna at times. I believe he thinks he's a cichlid lol

Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:15 pm

Clowns are great. I'm usually able to fit them into almost any type of tank that I'm keeping. Mine have gotten a little more reclusive as they've gotten older. I usually feed them before I turn the lights on or right after i turn them off.

Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:50 pm

I do love clowns. I've had them in just about all my tanks in the past as well. When I had a group of 6 of them a few years ago it use to crack me up how they would "click" when I would feed them zucchini lol. Just wish they grew faster. Seems like it takes forever to get one to ever get past 6".
Post a reply