Aquarium Setup • Tropheus Duboisi Aquarium

New to the world of cichlids? For discussion on how to set up new tanks, including placement, filtration, substrates, water, etc. No stocking discussions here.

Moderators: fmueller, Mcdaphnia

Re: Tropheus Duboisi Aquarium

Postby Bryan Evans » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:19 pm

Just curious, how much was the rock wall in the first picture?
Instagram: BryanEvansAquatics
YouTube: BryanEvansAquatics
Twitter: @AquaticsBryan
Bryan Evans

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Postby Bryan Evans » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:48 pm

Just curious, how much was the background from AquaTerra? And are they still in business?
Instagram: BryanEvansAquatics
YouTube: BryanEvansAquatics
Twitter: @AquaticsBryan
Bryan Evans

Postby dakkon227 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:59 am

Bryan Evans wrote:Just curious, how much was the background from AquaTerra? And are they still in business?

I'm not sure if they are still in business, i bought the background a long time ago when I was still in US. here's the site if you want to check: http://www.aquaterra-intl.com/index.html

Anyway, it's been a while since I've updated this thread so here's a little post! The green algae has grown in and I love watching the group graze algae together! The trophs are growing slowly, maybe around 2 inches long. Every once a while I see a very very faint bar and blue faces when they are 'displaying'. Can't wait for them to get their adult colorations! Anyway, here's a full tank shot with the algae established!

dakkon227

Postby NewkeeperRico » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:41 am

That's an awesome tank you got there!
NewkeeperRico

Postby dakkon227 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:43 pm

NewkeeperRico wrote:That's an awesome tank you got there!

Thank you!

Time for another update! Added a few smaller pieces of rocks to fill up the bottom and give them more algae to graze at. The fish are growing well, should be 2 inches and a bit? Still room for more growth :fish:

dakkon227

Postby Deeda » Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:43 pm

The tank looks wonderful growing all the green algae, nice job on the aquascape!!!!
Fishless Cycling
Posting Pics Eff. June 20, 2017, Photobucket does not allow free pic hosting

Dee
Eheim filter user
Member since 3/7/2006
Deeda

Postby dakkon227 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:14 am

Deeda wrote:The tank looks wonderful growing all the green algae, nice job on the aquascape!!!!

Thank you! It's a funny one, usually people want algae out of their tanks, but here we are wanting to grow more =)
dakkon227

Postby nodima » Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:35 am

dakkon227 wrote:
Deeda wrote:The tank looks wonderful growing all the green algae, nice job on the aquascape!!!!

Thank you! It's a funny one, usually people want algae out of their tanks, but here we are wanting to grow more =)

You are right, there seem to be more folks who like the look of a pristine tank - think white holey rock etc. yours looks great, the algae on rocks and wood gives a much more natural look to things. I like how the algae tends to even out color variations. I'm amazed that the tank is only a 68 gallon tank, seems much larger.
180 gal - Tanganyikan community tank: Tropheus Bemba, Synodontis Petricola, Compressiceps

125gal - South American community: Geophagus, Acara, Angels, Severum, Festivum

75gal - Planted SA tank
nodima

Postby punman » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:34 am

It looks big because it is the same length and width as my 90 gallon tank. So the floor plan (footprint) is the same. The difference is, that a 90 gallon is 24 inches tall, not 18.
Tanganyika Cichlids all the Way!
90 Gallon: Tropheus Black Bemba
135 Gallon: Frontosa mpimbwe f1 and A. calvus
Fish tanks - betcha can't have just one!
punman

Postby TheMick » Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:59 pm

Awesome looking tank you've got there!!
TheMick

Postby dakkon227 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:43 am

nodima wrote:You are right, there seem to be more folks who like the look of a pristine tank - think white holey rock etc. yours looks great, the algae on rocks and wood gives a much more natural look to things. I like how the algae tends to even out color variations. I'm amazed that the tank is only a 68 gallon tank, seems much larger.

Thanks! Yes, as the algae grew it helped a lot with blending the colors of the rock and wood! Plus the fish love to graze on it! :dancing:

punman wrote:It looks big because it is the same length and width as my 90 gallon tank. So the floor plan (footprint) is the same. The difference is, that a 90 gallon is 24 inches tall, not 18.

exactly! worked out to my advantage! Although now I want a 5ft tank :lol:

TheMick wrote:Awesome looking tank you've got there!!

Thank you!

Recently been posting more updates of the tank and less of the fish, so here's an update on the fish! I feed them veggie tabs in between regular meals and I love watching them eat together. Figured you will too! Enjoy!

dakkon227

Previous

Return to Aquarium Setup