Cichlid Fish Forum banner

My First African Cichlids Tank

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  JoelTheCichlidGuy 
#1 ·
I've been thinking about getting into African Cichlids for a while now. Finally set it up and I have 22 fish in my new 75 gallon tank. I had to remove some fish and bring them back because they were extremely aggressive. Now my tank is pretty peaceful with some chasing but that's it they all get along for the most part.

I have a mix of Mbuna, Peacocks, a few smaller haps, Petricola catfish, and a couple lake Victoria cichlids by accident :lol: . I really want to show my tank to some Cichlids enthusiasts as I am pretty excited and proud to have such beautiful fish all healthy and happy.

I will post some photos. Drop a line and let me know what you think.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
So I added the first 10 about one month ago, then a few more every week since then until my last 5 o added last week.

I cycled using the fishless method and bacteria in a bottle and a cycled filter I got from a friend with some cycled media. Then I fed fish food and within one week my tank was cycled. Each time I added fish I did a 30% water change every other day for a week and basically been doing that for a month now since I haven't stopped adding fish because I'm trying to give my live bacteria time to duplicate.

Seems to have worked great so far

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.