Cichlid Fish Forum banner

Easy access door

4K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  YoungJulian34 
#1 ·
Created a slide out for my filter, but the door hinges are in the way.

Any thoughts on easily hanging the door or some way to put the door up and then take it down easy without screws?

I want to use the original door that I had on it.

Posted a photo of the pull out

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Welder said:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/White-Mag-Catches-Cupboard-Door-Magnetic-Catches-Strong-Mag-Catch-Mini-Heavy/173772769220?_trkparms=ispr%3D1&hash=item2875aa07c4:m:m5fsP3vhly3T83vX8wfYK5w
Figured I should post what I mean
I actually bought "Rare Earth Magnets" glued them and it wouldn't hold.. doors are no light weight.

I don't think those magnets will hold it.

#9 ·
You may consider using a pivot hinge or a European hinge that can attach to the cabinet and the door without the need for screws. These hinges allow the door to swing open and closed, while also providing support and stability. Another option could be using a magnetic catch to hold the door in place when it's closed. This will not require screws, but may not provide as much stability as the pivot or European hinge. You may want to consider the weight and frequency of use of the door to determine the best hinge option for your needs.

#10 ·
In my case magnetic plates worked pretty well. Magnetic plates allow you to easily remove the door without the need for screws. You can purchase these magnetic catch plates at most hardware stores. They consist of a metal plate that is attached to the door and a matching plate that is attached to the cabinet, which hold the door in place through magnetic attraction. This could be a simple and convenient solution for your situation. Check with [url link removed] and see what types they recommend.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.