For discussion on fish illness, health and nutrition.
Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:13 pm
Multiple issues... it sounds like you took the tank apart, and completely cleaned it... No mention of a dechlorinator, the tank likely cycled again which can be deadly. Perhaps some soap residue, you never use soap on an aquarium. Fins are likely discoloured from chlorine burn. Mbuna should be kept in groups, and in tanks larger than 55 gallons, 4 ft long. Garlic isn't the answer here, neither is pimafix, a fungicide. The Pimafix could have actually made things worse here.
At this point the only thing you can do, is hope it survives, and don't do this again... the algae is actually healthy for the fish, depending on the amounts. If it becomes too much, you've likely overfed the fish, and left the lights on too long. But then, it's impossible to know if that's the case, without seeing pictures of before the cleanse.