Switch to full site
For discussion on fish illness, health and nutrition.
Post a reply

FISH MEDICATION

Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:57 am

Hey Guys,

New Mbuna tank is settling in and god forbid I encounter any problems with fish health going forward, however...
Wanted to stock some meds just in case. There are so many products to choose from

Could you recommend a couple of go to products I could keep on my shelf that have worked for you guys in the past to treat a few of the more common fish health problems..?

Ich X?
Paraguard..?

Re: FISH MEDICATION

Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:20 pm

I do not keep any medication on hand.

The only medication I have ever used is metronidazole but it expires, it is expensive, and you can get it overnight if you need it.

Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:20 pm

I do not have anything on hand.

Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:42 am

Not a medication but having epsom and aquarium salts readily available is a good idea. It's worth making a 3% solution of epsom salts and having it available at the first sign of bloat or your fish not pooping. I soak the food in eat when feeding and it's very effective. Aquarium salts are useful for ich and a variety of other external problems.

I'm in Canada and most medications are no longer available without seeing a veterinarian, so using salts are the main strategy for a lot of fish keepers.

Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:43 am

As of now, I don't have anything in hand.

Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:44 pm

With Africans chances are that you will deal with bloat and not much else in terms of disease. That's why I now make it a point to have Clout on hand. Metro never worked for me.
You will also most likely deal with fish that got beaten up. For that I like to keep them is a salt solution of 3ppt for about two weeks.
Hope this helps.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:00 pm

Go to <vendor name removed> he sells a 3 med pack for all needs. He has a YouTube video of it.
Post a reply