Illness, Health & Nutrition • white spot ich with video help diagnose please

For discussion on fish illness, health and nutrition.

Moderator: Robin

white spot ich with video help diagnose please

Postby Cichlid_beast123 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:45 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5Tw9iCnY58

let me know what you think please!
Tank (A) 120 Gallon 60" C.Moori, acuticeps, Red Empress, Blue Neons Buccochromis rhoadesii
Tank (B) 65 Gallon Grow out tank currently Otopharynx lithobates (Zimbawe Rock) Champsochromis caeruleus and Blue peacocks yellow labs
(Updated 27/03/2018)
Cichlid_beast123

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Re: white spot ich with video help diagnose please

Postby noki » Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:51 am

Cannot tell if there actually is ich but those few fish are probably stressed out by aggression issues. Ich is not a major problem with Malawi cichlids, Ich is mostly a symptom of bad water quality. Decent water quality with regular water changes solves most simple disease problems. You tank might be getting too crowded which might lead to lower water quality, but a crowded tank also tends to diffuse aggression problems.
noki

Postby Cichlid_beast123 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:16 pm

noki wrote:Cannot tell if there actually is ich but those few fish are probably stressed out by aggression issues. Ich is not a major problem with Malawi cichlids, Ich is mostly a symptom of bad water quality. Decent water quality with regular water changes solves most simple disease problems. You tank might be getting too crowded which might lead to lower water quality, but a crowded tank also tends to diffuse aggression problems.

Hi thanks.
what do you think those white spots on him are? you can see he is battered as he has been fighting alot with the alfa and at times managed to make him back off he managed to breed but the price was heavy all his fins are damaged it seems
still those white spots concern possibly is getting crowed
Tank (A) 120 Gallon 60" C.Moori, acuticeps, Red Empress, Blue Neons Buccochromis rhoadesii
Tank (B) 65 Gallon Grow out tank currently Otopharynx lithobates (Zimbawe Rock) Champsochromis caeruleus and Blue peacocks yellow labs
(Updated 27/03/2018)
Cichlid_beast123

Postby Cichlid_beast123 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:44 pm

anyone else? the smaller one now looking more like the one with the main spots.
(Updated 27/03/2018)
Cichlid_beast123

Postby DJRansome » Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:15 am

I'm with noki, can't confirm ich. Are the white spots raised or depressed? Look like they might be missing scales from fighting? I would reduce stock, the tank does look very crowded and you have a lot of large species in the tank.
125G Borleyi, Multipunctata
75G Demasoni, Msobo, Lucipinnis
75G Calvus, Similis, Petricola
DJRansome
Global Moderator

Postby Cichlid_beast123 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:59 pm

DJRansome wrote:I'm with noki, can't confirm ich. Are the white spots raised or depressed? Look like they might be missing scales from fighting? I would reduce stock, the tank does look very crowded and you have a lot of large species in the tank.

hi i think you may be right it could be fighting ill have to make another vid and put it up its a 5x20x20 how many fish should i have
(Updated 27/03/2018)
Cichlid_beast123

Return to Illness, Health & Nutrition