Unidentified Cichlids • Can you help ID these fish?

Here's where you need to go to get help identifying your Cichlids.

Moderators: Chester B, StructureGuy

Can you help ID these fish?

Postby Rizup » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:47 pm

I've got a couple of fish I am trying to ID. Any help is appreciated.

1) Fish on left side of the pic - Either Tramitichromis sp. "Intermedius" or Lethrinops (albus Kande Island maybe?) ?

2) Fish in the middle of the pic - Sold as Ngara Flametail. Is this a female or a male who lost his color? He was getting picked on as seen by damage to his fins. Has been left alone for a while now and is doing good.

Pic of when we first got him. He is on the top right.

3) Ahli, Fryeri, or some hybrid? Sorry for the crappy pics

Pic 1 - Fish is second from the top

Pic 2 - Fish on the right

Thanks for all the help!

Mike
Rizup

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Postby Rizup » Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:04 am

Doesn't show all of the fish very good, but here's the current setup. I really need to get the new canister outlet ordered or made :(

Rizup

Postby Rizup » Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:34 pm

Any thoughts on these? I noticed a lot of views but no ideas on what they are. Any help or opinions are always appreciated. Thanks again!

Mike
Rizup

Re: Can you help ID these fish?

Postby nickyboy69 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:44 pm

Rizup wrote:I've got a couple of fish I am trying to ID. Any help is appreciated.

1) Fish on left side of the pic - Either Tramitichromis sp. "Intermedius" or Lethrinops (albus Kande Island maybe?) ?

Mike

The fish in your 1st pic 1) on the left has the spots of a juvinile Moorii. how big is it?
nickyboy69

Postby Rizup » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:01 pm

He actually was a Tramitichromis sp. "Intermedius" and was probably about 4+". Unfortunately, I lost the fish to what I feel was bloat, along with my Lemon Jake. :( He was getting to be one of my favorites.

I got another a few months back, but he is still coloring since he is the little guy in the tank now. I highly recommend them, as they are beautiful fish.

Mike
Rizup

Postby alanastar » Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:34 pm

Rizup wrote:He actually was a Tramitichromis sp. "Intermedius" and was probably about 4+". Unfortunately, I lost the fish to what I feel was bloat, along with my Lemon Jake. :( He was getting to be one of my favorites.

I got another a few months back, but he is still coloring since he is the little guy in the tank now. I highly recommend them, as they are beautiful fish.

Mike

Agreed, had these myself but am unsure if the trade name T.Intermedius is correct. Check out the aqualog and you can see what i mean.
Very nice fish :thumb:
alanastar

Postby fancy diver » Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:32 pm

definately Also called lethrinops intermedius or green faced lethrinops. that looks like a female flametail.
You got some nice fish!! that lwanda is bangin!!! booya
Fancy Diver will be away on a drunken dive expedition with Ad Koning at Lake Malawi. Day 1:Waiting on Pablo Tepoot to show up w/ the beers.Day 2:Can't feel my face. Day 3:Losing transmission... All queries will have to wait until my return to the states.
fancy diver

Postby noki » Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:00 am

The 4 and 5 pic with the blue male with a slightly yellow belly... definitely not a S. fryeri! Not sure, what did you get him as? Kind of looks like a Protomelas spilonatus tanzania, maybe he is a hybrid of such?

The "Lethrinops" does look like the so called "Intermedius". "Intermedius" is an unknown as it doesn't seem to match up with known fish from the lake. "Intermedius" is rather common, and it would be unlikely that you got an unmarked rarer Lethrinops, as far as odds go. Was he sold under a name?

The Ngara had color at first? Unless it was a small hormoned fish and the colr wore of it has to be a he. You have a lot of other really nicely colored Aulonocara, maybe he is at the bottom of the pecking order, not sure why he would not show any color thou while all the other males show alot of color.
noki

Return to Unidentified Cichlids