Central American Cichlids • HELP! Convict cichlid issues

Discussion regarding only Central American Cichlid species. (Guapotes, Jack Dempseys, Red Devils, Firemouths, Convicts, Texas Cichlids, etc.)

Moderators: CjCichlid, Iggy Newcastle

HELP! Convict cichlid issues

Postby Majestic » Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:58 am

Hi this is my first post so please be kind if I ask stupid questions, iv only had fish for about 6 weeks, a friend helped me set up a 100litre tank and gave me 6 baby convicts, she thought they were all boys... I also Hav a yabbie in there, three big and three small convicts, all from the same “litter”? Lol born at the same time or whatever. Turns out at least one is a girl, coz two of them paired up and had babies. Lots and lots of tiny babies. The parents Hav the other 4 fish and the yabbie cowering in the corner of the tank, I noticed one of the smaller ones has had its lips pretty much chewed right off so yesterday I put in a very big breeding net/box thing to protect the 4 fish getting belted and popped them in there just till the babies are a little bigger and the parents chill out or at least till the one has grown its lips back
Attachments
1CFDFFD0-B3FB-4C04-B667-93A088C1DFA7.jpeg
Majestic

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Re: HELP! Convict cichlid issues

Postby felipefaccini » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:05 am

Agresion is not going to stop, you may need to separate them into their own tank

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
felipefaccini

Re: HELP! Convict cichlid issues

Postby Majestic » Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:45 pm

darn Thankyou, I don’t Hav any other tanks :( except the one with the Platys in it
Majestic

Return to Central American Cichlids