Central American Cichlids • Convict Cichlids with Rainbowfish??

Discussion regarding only Central American Cichlid species. (Guapotes, Jack Dempseys, Red Devils, Firemouths, Convicts, Texas Cichlids, etc.)

Moderators: CjCichlid, Iggy Newcastle

Convict Cichlids with Rainbowfish??

Postby Terrordactylll » Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:44 pm

For the past few weeks, I’ve been setting up a 37 gallon tank with driftwood, a sand bottom, and fake plants, with a fluval aquaclear 70 filter, with purigen as the filter cartridge to tank any extra tanins out of the water. I’ve been deciding on what fish I should put in the tank, and recently I’ve found convict cichlids, specially either a male and female, or two females(I’m leaning towards a male and female), which I really love, but at the same time I’ve been trying to see if there’s any other tankmates that I could possibly put with the convicts, knowing they get aggressive during breeding. At the moment, I would like to put 3 kuhli loaches in the tank, simply because they will keep the tank clean, and they’re nocturnal so I know they won’t get in the convicts way during the day time, but I’ve seen other people put rainbowfish with their convicts, considering they get a decent size. Would about 3 or 4 rainbow fish(all females) be good tankmates for a pair of convicts??? If not, what would be better?
Terrordactylll

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Re: Convict Cichlids with Rainbowfish??

Postby slava2929 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:00 pm

I'm curious about this as well. Do rainbowfish go with convicts?
29 - Convict, 2 Zebra Danios
40B - 2 Rainbow Cic's + 25 fry, Panda Garra
20 - juvenile Angelfish, Ember Tetra, Rummynose Tetra, 2 Rosy Tetras
20L - Jewel Cic., 2 Panda Corys, 3 Axelrod Corys, 3 Sterba's Corys, 3 Denison's Barbs
slava2929

Return to Central American Cichlids