Cichlid Fish Forum banner

I HATE Zebra Danios

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  freshwaterhobby 
#1 ·
My 40 breeder tank was really doing well with three CA cichlids and 6 panda corys and I had to go and screw things up by adding 5 zebra danios. I thought they would add to the tank but all they do is eat the blood worms and other frozen foods that I feed to my fish. The Danios are very fast, very bold, and pretty much take over the top of the tank so they grab all the food before the other fish have a chance. I have had the danios for two weeks and they ALL look pregnant because they eat so well. I tried moving them to my other tank but they were too aggressive with my endlers. I wish I had never bought them and I don't have the heart to flush them.

#2 ·
Do you mean giant danios? The way you described them, I can't imagine tiny little zebras being so obnoxious.

But either way...I like danios in some tanks BECAUSE they stay at the top and stir the water. Plus they're too fast for the cichlids to bother, which is a rare find.

I would just get sinking food for the other fish - that should solve the problem of your top swimmers hogging food.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.