Central American Cichlids • JD will not eat

Discussion regarding only Central American Cichlid species. (Guapotes, Jack Dempseys, Red Devils, Firemouths, Convicts, Texas Cichlids, etc.)

Moderators: CjCichlid, Iggy Newcastle

JD will not eat

Postby EBJDking » Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:48 pm

So I moved my JD from my 40 gallon breeder into a 75 gallon tank, he seems very calm and relaxed but he will not eat anything except for a few bloodworms that sink to the bottm of the tank that the buenos aires tetras do not snap up first. in the 40 gallon he was a pig, eating at least 2 of the bloodworm globs (idk what to call them) and he would come to the surface to snap those up. and when feeding him pellets he would have at least 15 of the mini hikari cichlid pellets. I moved all the fish he was with with him and he is in there with a much smaller Green Terror now that he doesn't pay any attention too, they will even hang out together even though he is about 6" and the GT is maybe 2". all the other fish have health appetites and the GT is as lively as they come when its feeding time. Any idea why he is not eating (has been in the tank for about a month now) and any suggestions to get him to eat.

Thanks

James,
EBJDking

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Re: JD will not eat

Postby ghost glide » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:40 pm

maybe still getting used to the new home...i have seen some of mine go that long after moving them.
ghost glide

Postby EBJDking » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:52 am

Thank you, I was just checking to make sure that this could be some what normal behavior, he is the most mature fish I have kept so he may have been a little set in his ways. hopefully he starts eating soon.
EBJDking

Postby Iggy Newcastle » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:22 pm

Any updates?
Iggy Newcastle

Return to Central American Cichlids