Switch to full site
Discussion regarding only Central American Cichlid species. (Guapotes, Jack Dempseys, Red Devils, Firemouths, Convicts, Texas Cichlids, etc.)
Post a reply

200L 50US gallon Green Terror Tank Mates

Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:14 pm

Hi I have a fluval roma 200l tank which is about 100cm just over 3ft long. I currently have an asian bumblee catfish in it which I have had a good while and is slightly aggressive it killed all the mollys etc in my last tank. Today i added a green terror to the tank but I don't know what else I can add to it due to compatibility etc so please can I have some advice. I would like an electric blue jack dempsey(bit expensive) as well but I dont know if that would mean they would fight a lot. Is it better to get a group to ease out aggression rather than just 2 big cichlids? I would prefer more fish in the tank so would it instead be better to keep the green terror by itself and just get a shoal of something? Would angel fish just get killed by the GT? Ideally I would like the GT and the EBJD with a shoal of fish would this be possible? I understand these fish can get to around a foot in length but that takes a few years. I plan on having my own house this year so when that happens I will get a bigger tank or if worst comes to worst I could rehome them. I like red tail or rainbow sharks, angels, would they be suitable? I am going to add more wood and rocks to the tank as well as plants to create as many hideouts etc as possible. Thanks

Re: 200L 50US gallon Green Terror Tank Mates

Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:22 am

Tank size is restrictive for medium sized cichlids. A big(10in) adult GT will be cramped in that tank by itself. Quick answer is no tankmates, footprint and volume are lacking.
Post a reply