Central American Cichlids • rd,three jags,green terror

Discussion regarding only Central American Cichlid species. (Guapotes, Jack Dempseys, Red Devils, Firemouths, Convicts, Texas Cichlids, etc.)

Moderators: CjCichlid, Iggy Newcastle

rd,three jags,green terror

Postby lilcaddy420 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:49 pm

okay well to start I have a 39 gallon tall custom built all black sand and tank which I know has to be upgraded soon but I got the rd, and two of the jags at 1.5 inch...the devils growth shot off and now it was obvious he was gunna kill everyone...tonite I found a bigger green terror around 3 inch and a new much healthier jag a bit bigger from the others since now they both seem sickly(have since I got them) the two jags and rd were bought from online my rd was in great shape they had cloudy eyes and real small and sickly..the new jag is in awesome shape...so I thought the green terror would put him in his place..nope minute they hit the water he went on a campaign of terror like isis so I've divided the tank with rd having his own side and the three jags and green terror on the other...so as u can see I'm trying my best here I've owned plenty of jags I've never seen this type of aggression from anything but my last 7 inch male jag he killed to but at like 5 or 6 inches..so any tips tricks suggestions??..I know I'm playing with fire with such agro species but eventually id like about a hundred gallon split with my rd on one side n another beautiful male jag on the other side...thx guys I'm new just call me caddy anyways glad to be here would love to hear some tips besides get a bigger tank... ok I know this but I raised my last jag in a ten gallon then he got put in a 40 and just ruled it and was beautiful wish I still had him...thx all,
caddy :fish:
lilcaddy420

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Re: rd,three jags,green terror

Postby Sinister-Kisses » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:46 pm

There ARE no other tips than to get a bigger tank. I can't even tell you to get rid of EVERY fish except one, because the tank you have is much, much too small for any of these fish even on their own. You need to sell them all off/return to the store you bought them, and do some research before restocking as to how to appropriately stock for your tank size. Even your future plan is not really feasible, a 100gal split in half with a devil on one side and a jag on the other? A 100gal tank will be barely above minimum for the devil alone if it's a male, and smaller than I would ever keep a single jag on it's own as an adult.
SinisterKisses

180gal: Argentea, Regani, Heterospila
125gal: Goldfish tank
120gal: Midas male
5gal: Bettas
Sinister-Kisses

Postby lilcaddy420 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:07 am

yea srry its a 55 I know most of these wen they grow up will need that `100 gallon tank they'll have it just looking at tips or any extra advice
lilcaddy420

Postby lilcaddy420 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:36 am

prob a 125...any ways any other tips would b great thx all
lilcaddy420

Postby Sinister-Kisses » Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:01 am

lilcaddy420 wrote:yea srry its a 55 I know most of these wen they grow up will need that `100 gallon tank they'll have it just looking at tips or any extra advice

What is the measurements of the tank they are in?

The part you're missing is that when they grow up, they will EACH need a 100gal tank or bigger. Not split in half. Not shared with others. Each.
SinisterKisses

180gal: Argentea, Regani, Heterospila
125gal: Goldfish tank
120gal: Midas male
5gal: Bettas
Sinister-Kisses

Postby lilcaddy420 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:02 am

they are in a reg 55 running two filters but the divider is working great and that's fine I plan on keeping them a long time so investing in those tanks wen it is finicially reasonable and they have out grown a 120 with a divider they'll get their own tank.. thx sinister and any other tips would b greatly appreciated thx
lilcaddy420

Return to Central American Cichlids