Central American Cichlids • My Paraneetroplus gang

Discussion regarding only Central American Cichlid species. (Guapotes, Jack Dempseys, Red Devils, Firemouths, Convicts, Texas Cichlids, etc.)

Moderators: CjCichlid, Iggy Newcastle

My Paraneetroplus gang

Postby Sinister-Kisses » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:01 pm

Was in a semi-nearby town the other day checking out the fish stores in the area, and stumbled across a tank of Paraneetroplus heterospila...where I live, this constitutes an extremely rare find indeed! I was stoked and took home three 2" juveniles. They are settling in to my 180gal very nicely already, and the shimmer of rainbow colouring I can see already has me stoked to watch them mature. The tank has, without intention, turned into a Paraneetroplus tank. In addition to the heterospila I just added, I also have two juvenile argentea and two juvenile regani as well. The regani, unfortunately, suffered some serious fin damage when they were shipped that has become permanent, but the colour on the dominant fish is stunning. And the argentea are one of my absolute all-time favourite species...all three are "extremely rare" species in my area and I'm pretty excited to have them. Please excuse the water-streaked glass :p
Attachments
047.JPG
048.JPG
037.JPG
017.JPG
024.JPG
011.JPG
SinisterKisses

180gal: Argentea, Regani, Heterospila
125gal: Goldfish tank
120gal: Midas male
5gal: Bettas
Sinister-Kisses

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Re: My Paraneetroplus gang

Postby Mr Chromedome » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:09 pm

Just to note, it is back to Vieja heterospila, several species were moved back in the last major revision, which seems to be holding up. The other two were given a new genus, Maskaheros argentea and M. regani. The colors on your regani are fantastic, what a shame it's fins are such a mess.
Happiness may be the door to Heaven, but Pleasure is not the Key. - attributed to Confucius
Mr Chromedome

Re: My Paraneetroplus gang

Postby Sinister-Kisses » Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:39 am

Bahaha whatever, I'm not even going to try anymore. Every time I flipping blink, they've changed again. I'm just going to keep calling them all Vieja ;)
SinisterKisses

180gal: Argentea, Regani, Heterospila
125gal: Goldfish tank
120gal: Midas male
5gal: Bettas
Sinister-Kisses

Return to Central American Cichlids