Central American Cichlids • This is what your hybrids could look like. So don't do it.

Discussion regarding only Central American Cichlid species. (Guapotes, Jack Dempseys, Red Devils, Firemouths, Convicts, Texas Cichlids, etc.)

Moderators: CjCichlid, Iggy Newcastle

Postby Lancerlot » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:39 am

mslancaster wrote:
Diaster wrote:Look at the size of the knife fish behind the Parrot and Firemouth that thing is massive unless its like a blown up picture or something

I was thinking the same thing disaster, Could you give us some info on him/her Lancerlot?

Thanks,
Matt

The site I got it off of. said it was in a 250 with a 17"" clown. the FMxparrot is 2years old. that"s about it.
Lancerlot

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Postby Lancerlot » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:45 am

Firemouth/COnvict Hybrid.

Mother was a FM, father was a COn
Male has the hump. the female is Silver.

Dovii/flowerhorns.
THis is the son of the first fish. If i'm reading the site right.
And this is the daughter of first fish? brother of second.
Last edited by Lancerlot on Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lancerlot

Postby M0oN » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:46 am

Head over to monsterfishkeepers.com if you guys want to see large predatory fish. You won't get a decent education on them over here, but you'd be surprised what kind of apex predators will live happily with cichlids.
M0oN

Postby Lancerlot » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:59 am

M0oN wrote:Head over to monsterfishkeepers.com if you guys want to see large predatory fish. You won't get a decent education on them over here, but you'd be surprised what kind of apex predators will live happily with cichlids.

I love that site. Great fish. Didn't understand what they were asking but makes sense now. Im used to seeing Huge fish and cichlids mixed. Guess others arn't.

Anyways.

Dovi/Convict hybrid. (this baffles me lol)

Dovi/Maniguenses. Firs gen hybrid. Has orange eyes instead of red eyes.
Lancerlot

Postby Lancerlot » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:16 pm

just remember these pictures arn't here so you can try and get these fish. its a deterrent. There's so many hybrids out there. Its not even funny anymore.

Flowerhorn/red terror hybrid.
Lancerlot

Postby M0oN » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:27 pm

You might want to quit posting these shots then - I've already started looking for a high grade manaconda ;)

Also, with the exception of the managuense/texas hybrid - all of these are quite obviously mutts.
M0oN

Postby Lancerlot » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:34 pm

M0oN wrote:You might want to quit posting these shots then - I've already started looking for a high grade manaconda ;)

Also, with the exception of the managuense/texas hybrid - all of these are quite obviously mutts.

Im avoiding the pretty/obvious ones. For obvious reasons :D. I also want a Manaconda lol

Haha just Remember what Manaconda was. LMFAO>
Lancerlot

Postby BlackShark11k » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:29 pm

Interesting post, thanks for sharing. I do love the jag/festae mix, one of my fav CA cichlids :D
BlackShark11k

Postby joeyballz » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:16 pm

Lancerlot wrote:just remember these pictures arn't here so you can try and get these fish. its a deterrent.
LOL this is back firing on you. I'd grab a manaconda or jagexas in a second if I saw one. I don't have a problem with hybrids as long as they are sold as hybrids.
joeyballz

Postby M0oN » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:21 pm

Those firemouth/convict hybrids are nice too - like a large sajica.
M0oN

Postby Lancerlot » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:33 pm

joeyballz wrote:
Lancerlot wrote:just remember these pictures arn't here so you can try and get these fish. its a deterrent.
LOL this is back firing on you. I'd grab a manaconda or jagexas in a second if I saw one. I don't have a problem with hybrids as long as they are sold as hybrids.

Oh I know. but at least the end results are satisfying some peoples curiousity. I know I would have wanted some of theses hybrids. but I didn't know what they look like. Now I do. so its over. :D

Blue convict as some people call them.

HRP/and regular Convict cichlid
Lancerlot

Postby gage » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:15 pm

Diaster wrote:Look at the size of the knife fish behind the Parrot and Firemouth that thing is massive unless its like a blown up picture or something

Clown knives get about a meter long...
gage

Postby Trevor55 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:38 pm

I absolutely am in love with the Texacon! He is amazing!
Trevor55

Postby Trevor55 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:43 pm

Lancerlot wrote:
joeyballz wrote:

Oh I know. but at least the end results are satisfying some peoples curiousity. I know I would have wanted some of theses hybrids. but I didn't know what they look like. Now I do. so its over. :D

Thats a nice fish! Did you cross that yourself? It is pretty. I have always wanted cons with good amount of blue in em.
Trevor55

Postby Lancerlot » Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:42 pm

Trevor55 wrote:
Lancerlot wrote:
joeyballz wrote:

Thats a nice fish! Did you cross that yourself? It is pretty. I have always wanted cons with good amount of blue in em.

That one is a cross. I was reading the topic and the guy show spawning pictures and everything. but there are 100% pure convicts who are naturally blue like that. As the TFG will shw you in a topic about the blue convict in this forum atm.
Lancerlot

PreviousNext

Return to Central American Cichlids