Central American Cichlids • HHHHHEEEEELLLLLPPPPPPP please

Discussion regarding only Central American Cichlid species. (Guapotes, Jack Dempseys, Red Devils, Firemouths, Convicts, Texas Cichlids, etc.)

Moderators: CjCichlid, Iggy Newcastle

HHHHHEEEEELLLLLPPPPPPP please

Postby sammy true blue » Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:09 pm

I have a beautiful 6 year or more Red Head Cichlids, she is absolutely beautiful but she has to be in a tank by herself has she tends to kill her room mates, so I’ve called her Norma Bates! Lol, but just lately I have been having some trouble with her tank, algae has been a bane of my life but I clean it off the glass as much as I can I have cut her food down and stopped putting the light on because I have been told that grows the algae I just wish I could put a pleck in there to clean it up but I know Norma will do here stalking and bullying.

I turned the light on today to see how she is and one of her eyes have really swollen can anyone help me what Is wrong with her eye and what I can do to help her eye get better, I’ve not ad her water tested yet but that was my next step but being disabled I can’t get to my local Aquatic centre very often.

I will be very grateful for any help you can offer, should I take 10% of the water out of the tank and change it or do you think she needs some medication? BTW I know she’s a she because of all the eggs she used to lay.

Thanks all Sam
Attachments
04C0575A-3B0F-4A1B-B89F-FF2A2B6E08B5.jpeg
Norma and her poorly eye
sammy true blue

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Return to Central American Cichlids