Lake Victoria Basin, West African, Madagascar & Asian Species • Kribs in a small community?

Discussion regarding only Lake Victoria Basin, West African, Madagascar & Asian Species.

Moderators: samaki, StructureGuy

Kribs in a small community?

Postby mok3t » Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:19 pm

Think a pair of kribs would ruin or work in a 65l tank. 24x14x18. Will likely be in with some tetras or rasboras and upside down cats.
Gavin,
In the hobby since 1993, Cichlids since 2005.
mok3t

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Re: Kribs in a small community?

Postby adn81 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:57 am

I think your krib will be fine with tetras another peaceful fish I have mine house with a blood red parrot Grommys mollies and platies and and he was in with about 10 tetras before I moved him to his current tank I only have 1 male no female they do get more aggressive during breeding so provide plenty of hiding spaces and caves thay should be fine
adn81

Postby Bd79 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:26 pm

mok3t wrote:Think a pair of kribs would ruin or work in a 65l tank. 24x14x18. Will likely be in with some tetras or rasboras and upside down cats.

If they breed, they can be aggressive, especially to each other.
Bd79

Postby brinkles » Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:24 am

That's a little tight, but I think it can work if it's planted thick, with plenty of hiding spots. The previous post is correct IME, the problem would be the other kribs, not the tetras or cats.
brinkles

Return to Lake Victoria Basin, West African, Madagascar & Asian Species