Switch to full site
Discussion regarding only Lake Victoria Basin, West African, Madagascar & Asian Species.
Post a reply

dithers with fulu's ?

Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:53 pm

I have 4 fulu's in a 75 gallon. 1 male & 3 female. Well... one of the females might be male. it seems to be coloring up like a male so we'll see.
anyways, then I also have 1 rubberlip & 2 banjo catfish that we rarely see.
What else would you suggest I have in there for dithers ? I read that I can have tiger barbs & danio's but what else can I use ? It is a planted tank. I have amazon swords in clay pots & java fern on dw. sand as substrate. I wanted to put other victorians in there but decided to stick with just the fulu's because I do not want them to mate with each other.

Any help would be appreciated :)

TIA
Cheri

Re: dithers with fulu's ?

Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:27 pm

How about a bunch more female fulu's?

Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:39 pm

yea, were talkin about gettin more females but my bf is buggin me to put something different in there. He thinks its boring with just fulu's in there & wants to see more. I just don't want to mix them with others.

Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:39 pm

Oh, so those would be tank mates...not dithers. Maybe others will chime in.

Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:05 pm

tank mates / dithers... either works lol

Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:05 pm

You might try finding something out of Malawi with a compatible temperment? I once housed Hap. "Ruby" with a group of peacocks for a short time and it seemed to work. I have since heard of similar combos, and I'm thinking of trying it again.

Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:11 am

Mbuna do very well with vics. Acei, yellow labs, red tops, saulosi. As long as they are not super aggressive towards other fish you should be fine. Make sure to pick out some that have different colors than the fulus. A group of 1-2m/4-5f works well. the males get busy chasing females and as is well.

i keep several tanks this way. It works out pretty well keeping the conspecific aggression down too.
Post a reply