Cichlid Fish Forum banner

My kyoga flamebacks

10K views 12 replies 12 participants last post by  stevemd24 
#1 ·
Hope you guys likes these pics I took this morning of my breeding group of kyoga flameback cichlids. I currently have 6 females and 2 males. This morning I took some pics of the dominate male, I've had them since Wednesday and already I have 2 females holding eggs. Next week I will strip the eggs from the females and put them in the egg tumblers hope you guys like the pics more to come.

See less See more
#3 ·
With some time they should these are from f1 stock too the male is blowing up with more color everyday the sub dominate male looks like he would have more red covering It's body but since he is the sub he won't shine I'm getting another tank next week and I'm going to put him in with some females of his own. Good luck with yours dude

#6 ·
Nice :thumb: ...I just bought one but its a juvenile barely starting to get his colors.
Hope he gets like yours :)

#10 ·
yea i would have to say its not a kyoga. theres no red on the shoulder which all kyogas have. also they have a blue sheen on the dorsal fin with the tips showing red.

and i am not sure where you would find any f1s for vics but i doubt that it is. there has not been any WC shipments for over 3 years.

nice fish though. but as with most vics they get mislabeled or even worse cross breed then completely mislabeled.

if it is a PN i would say it is python island. again hard to tell since the fish seems young still. not very much blue in the face yet.

did you buy them from a good source?

#11 ·
I have a breeding group of kyoga flamebacks I think. One of the females has the albino gene producing 6 to 10 albino fry per brood. I have three sets of fry ranging from 2 weeks to .75" (almost ready to color). I just got a new camera and need to download the software before I can send pictures. Just looking for input on how to tell if they are really kyoga flamebacks before I start selling them. Don't want to mislabel. Also, can I breed fry of different moms even they have the same dad?

#12 ·
dreday said:
and i am not sure where you would find any f1s for vics but i doubt that it is. there has not been any WC shipments for over 3 years.
This is what i was thinking as well. The wild fish that came in that looked similar to this were the Pundamilia Makobe Red. There would be F1 of these. Here is are a couple pic of one of the wilds:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.