Cichlid Fish Forum banner

OCA to host International Tropheus Conference

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  sir_keith 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,
The Ohio Cichlid Association will be hosting the International Tropheus Conference online on March 14, 2021 at 1 PM EST on both their Facebook and Youtube channels. The Facebook link is OhioCichlid and their youtube is Here

You don't need to be a club member to watch the presentations.

There is also a live Tropheus Raffle being held now through March 14 for U.S. folks only, the link is Here on how to purchase the raffle tickets.

Talks will be given by Ad Konings, Pam Chin, Laif DeMason & Mathias Eberhardt and Cooper Buchholtz will join the discussion panel after the speaker presentations.

#6 ·
Glad you were able to watch it and enjoyed the talks. I didn't realize it was going to be almost 4 hours long though that did include the club meeting update and the raffle and tropheus auction.

Ad is always a great speaker but it was also nice to get the views of Pam's underwater videos and her take on how she keeps them plus Leif's talk on the history of how they catch and keep fish locally before transporting to importers. I had some trouble with Mathias' talk but interesting to see what the German fishkeepers are up against with selling their fish and the rigid requirements they have to go through let alone the cost of electricity and water.

On a side note, I was alone also as the boyfriend is at a bowling event today. :D

#7 ·
Was very interesting and informative ... :thumb:

I think Mathias probably had some latency issues with his connection ... plus the normal ESL/translation stuff. Does sound like the regs over there are just a bit over the top.

Overall, it seems to me that it was well-attended and came off pretty well ... :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.