Cichlid Fish Forum banner

Cyphotilapia gibberosa (Mikula)

3K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Muir 
#1 ·
Little trip down memory lane. Few of my favorite pics from my F0 Mikula breeding groups. I am enjoying this trip down memory lane...

Mikula Group Nyatzi (125 gallon)

Mikula Group Tau (240 gallon)

Honorable mention to Tsididi who snuck in a successful spawn under Tau's nose after I moved him to the 240 :lol:

See less See more
#2 ·
How can you not enjoy that trip down memory lane. Do you still maintain any semblance of the group.

#5 ·
smitty said:
How can you not enjoy that trip down memory lane. Do you still maintain any semblance of the group.
Hey smitty,

No, I got out of the hobby completely when we moved from Indiana to SW Florida about four years ago. The only cichlids I play with now are ones I catch while fishing in the local canals down here. Been having a blast with the Peacock Bass.

#6 ·
Deeda said:
As always I enjoyed both your pics and advice so it's nice to stroll down memory lane!
Thanks Dee. I had a lot of photos out on the web. Many of them were ranked pretty high on Google. Then I messed around with my Flickr account and deleted most of them :eek:

I regret that.

Thought I'd start putting few of my old favorites back up.

Cheers,
Russ

#7 ·
KitumbaKing said:
That was a beautiful colony. I remember reading a lot of your posts on another site. I have had my group for 6 years now and still love them. Beauty, low maintenance, peaceful fish.
Yep, that old site went through some hard times. It's implosion was inevitable. Too bad.

Definitely peaceful fish. I put a couch in front of my breeding groups and would chill out and just watch them.

#8 ·
Gorgeous fish and photos. Funny enough, your photos inspired me to seek on some Mikula... which I finally managed to get some two years ago. I've been in the cichlid hobby since around 1980, but never kept frontosa. But I've got a group now, in a 220 gallon aquarium, and love them.

#10 ·
Wow this post was a blast from the past!
I remember the ole Cyphos days.

FloridaGirl do you still have your set up?
I remember picking up that Tropheus Ikola colony from you back in High School and trading some Peacocks/Haps for some Mikula Fry. Hope your well! I still think about that sick 220 you had to this day🤘🏼

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.