Cichlid Fish Forum banner

Altolamprologus compressiceps Kantalamba WC

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  DJRansome 
#1 ·
Altolamprologus compressiceps Kantalamba WC. I have a male and two females, but the one female is in a cave, with a clutch of eggs.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Very nice. I'm a big fan of adding plants to any tank I can.

#5 ·
Fogelhund said:
Had to block the light, or the picture wouldn't turn out. I took a video, but can't upload those here. I'd like to add some Cyprichromis to the tank, if I can find the ones I'm looking for.
That's a beautiful tank! What are the plants in the foreground? I haven't been able to find any reddish plants that will survive the alkaline water. That said. I have no problem doing this with Tanganyikans-

IMG_1901.jpg

IMG_1899.jpg

#7 ·
sir_keith said:
Fogelhund said:
Had to block the light, or the picture wouldn't turn out. I took a video, but can't upload those here. I'd like to add some Cyprichromis to the tank, if I can find the ones I'm looking for.
That's a beautiful tank! What are the plants in the foreground? I haven't been able to find any reddish plants that will survive the alkaline water. That said. I have no problem doing this with Tanganyikans-

View attachment 1

Looks like crypt wendetii bronze to me. The leaves take a nice pink color on the underside.

#8 ·
sir_keith said:
Fogelhund said:

View attachment 1

The plants are Cryptocorne wendtii "red". Great plant and quite easy.

#9 ·
I have had more luck with crypts in African tanks than any other plant! I love the look as well. IME they do enjoy higher nitrates which can conflict with the desire to keep water pristine for fish.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.