Lake Tanganyika Species • Comments on that else to put in the tanks, if anything

Discussion regarding only Lake Tanganyika species.

Moderators: Mcdaphnia, nodima

Comments on that else to put in the tanks, if anything

Postby naturlvr » Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:51 pm

My 75 gallon tank is finally free of ich. The Red Lazer Rainbows (not from Lake Tang.) made it with the treatment of high salt level and temp increase. They are very peaceful fish and never bother any species.

My Pearly Ocellatus died except for two of them from the ich. I moved them over to my 40 gallon tank which I have 4 Lamprologus Signatus on order to arrive next week.

I read that you can put two shell dwelling species in one tank if you create a separation.

I moved the Gold Ocellatus over to the 75 gallon tank because there are a lot of them. I will send a pic of both tanks. Right now I have one female Rainbow in the 40 gallon tank because all the other females died from ich and left her with too many guys chasing after her.

I ordered 4 Cyprichromis Leptosoma Kitumba to go in the 75 gallon tank.

So here is the run down of the two tanks:

75 gallon tank:
5 male Red Lazer Rainbows that live at the top of the tank
8 Gold Ocellatus
4 Cyprichromis Leptosoma Kitumba
6 Black Calvus

35 gallon tank:
1 female Red Lazer Rainbow stays at the top
2 Pearly Ocellatus
4 Lamprologus Signatus

IMG_0350.JPG
Attachments
IMG_0349.JPG
naturlvr

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Re: Comments on that else to put in the tanks, if anything

Postby naturlvr » Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:58 pm

Also there is one Cyprichromis leptosoma Mpulungu in the 75 gallon.
naturlvr

Re: Comments on that else to put in the tanks, if anything

Postby noddy » Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:16 pm

You're really not going to like me but, here goes. As far as I am concerned, a 75g tank is far to small for jumbo cyps, especially kitumba which is one of the most aggressive variants in my experience. Also, four is far to small a group to expect any kind of success. If it were me, I would try to find another 10/12 mpulungu or start fresh with another group of non jumbo cyps. Sorry, but I fear this will end in more tears.
noddy

Return to Lake Tanganyika Species