Cichlid Fish Forum banner

Tanganyika cichlids again

31K views 68 replies 13 participants last post by  Deeda 
#1 ·
Hello, I am a bit new to this board. My name is Sibrand. The last 7 years I kept Centrals, but now I keep Tanganyika cichlids again.
Some years ago I posted a photo and desription about my L-tank at the "Aquarium Gallery" here.
I tried to edit it today. I had some problems with updating the photos :-?

I kept them Tanganyika cichlids for over 30 years. Mostly Tropheus, but also other species.
The seize of our tank is: 4.10 x 1.00 x 0.73m.

My wife Anneke likes to shoot photos and I like to make movies of our fish. Some of you might recognize some of my movies at my
YouTube-account.

Above a picture of some months ago.

The cichlids we keep today are:

2/6 Cyathopharynx foai "Magara" F2

14/14 Cyprichromis microlepidotus "Kasai"

1 proven couple Lepidiolamprologus attenuatus F0

3 Mastacembelus ellipsifer F1

7 Neolamprologus multifasciatus (with some fry)

7 Synodontis polli white Zambia

Here a movie I shot almost 3 months ago.

And some photo's :wink:

And another movie.

See less See more
2 7
#54 ·
The new tank is still beautiful despite being smaller!! I love the look of the rock work and the way you have hidden the outflow from the filters at the top, very natural. :thumb:

The fish are also looking great and I thoroughly enjoyed some of their close ups. :fish:

#55 ·
I am impressed! Which variety of tropheus do you have and at what temperature are you running the tank? Hey, any tips on the great photography (stills and video)?

#56 ·
Thanks a lot!

punman said:
I am impressed! Which variety of tropheus do you have and at what temperature are you running the tank? Hey, any tips on the great photography (stills and video)?
We keep Tropheus moorii "Lufubu", 5 F0 + 5 F1 and 2 youngsters. The temperature is 27 degrees Celsius.

I use iMovie to edit the images. I got a Canon Legria HFS-21 and I use a tripod.

My wife makes the photo's. She uses a SONY DSC-HX200V.

#62 ·
A lot has changed the last month.

The Tropheus moorii Lufubu are all for sale.
And a lot of fish were already sold.

The remains in the tank are:

1/1 Mastacembelus ellipsifer F1
1/1 Petrochromis trewavasae (with 6 youngsters)

The new cichlids are:

6 Eretmodus cyanostictus "Kigoma" F1 (all youngsters)
10 Ophthalmotilpia boops "Nkondwe" F1 (all younsters)

#65 ·
Thanks a lot!

No problems so far with the combination of Petrochromis trewavasae "Moliro" and the Ophthalmotilapia boops "Nkondwe Island".
But soon the trewavasae's will leave too.

We had some fry of the boops already, not much just 4 survived at the moment. Fry from 2 females.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.