Lake Tanganyika Species • Tank mates

Discussion regarding only Lake Tanganyika species.

Moderators: Mcdaphnia, nodima

Tank mates

Postby Pik0 » Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:06 pm

Hey guys,

My mate will be giving me a 4' tank with everything set up ready to go as his moving out and has no room for it.

My biggest tank before this is a 2' tall so its a bit of a step up but I've looked after his tank before so i dont feel that will be a problem.

I was going to fill the tank with 3 black calvus 3 white calvus and 3 Gold head comps i had sourced them all at abotu 3cm.

Thing is he has 2 black calvus at about 7 - 8cm each which i though he had sold but hadnt and was going to give them to me in the tank.

Question I have is will the 2 big calvus kill the other ones being that there so much bigger than the other fish?

Thanks
Pik0
Pik0

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Postby Multies » Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:14 pm

they will cross breed with each other.
a 4' what? demensions of the tank will help.
Multies

Postby Pik0 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:30 am

I'd say its about 4' x18" x 18". I get it on friday so ill have to check.

At the moment I dont really care about cross breeding. If i feel like i want to breed them ill probably put them in a seperate tank.

More just wondering if they will be able to be in the same tank without attacking each other as I've read there agressive towards each other and hoping a 4' is big enough
Pik0

Postby Charles » Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:01 am

you will most likely end up with a pair or two pair. 48" long won't house more than 2 pair.
Charles

Return to Lake Tanganyika Species