Cichlid Fish Forum banner

Juwel Rio 240 Tanganyikan Community

5K views 33 replies 6 participants last post by  lee1983 
#1 ·
Hi All,

Sorry for yet another stocking question but hopefully this is a quick answer!

I am new to Tanganyikan cichlids and want to make sure I get my stocking right from the off. I have a Juwel Rio 240 Litre (63 US Gallon) tank 48"x20"x15" starting from scratch. Firstly is my 1mm fine gravel substrate ok for the stocking I will suggest as I am not sure where fine sand becomes the requirement. Secondly, stocking numbers seem to be hard research so any assistance would be greatly appreciated;

Stocking
6 x Julidochromis (thinking Marlieri)
12 x Cyptichromis Leptosoma
10 x Neolamprologus (potentially Ocellatus)

I think this would be it but if I have space for Synos or anything else please do let me know. Thanks in advance!

#29 ·
So we are looking good for fish this week, tank stats are good and shells will be here at some point. As long as i can get them cleaned and boiled the fish will come later in the week.

I seemingly have 2 options Brevis and Similis. I am leaning more to the Brevis i believe and looking to pick up 6 which should give me a good chance of a decent ratio of m/f.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.