General African Cichlid Discussion • Egg tube?

For general questions and issues. Post here if you are unsure of their origin or if you have questions about mixing.

Moderators: Floridagirl, DJRansome

Egg tube?

Postby klane079 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:17 am

I've been gone for a couple days and left romaine lettuce in the tank for them to eat. When I came home I noticed one of them has like a bump sticking down around where it's anus is. It is eating fine & is active...approx 1 year old & I believe female. Anyways here is a picture...is there something wrong with it?

BTW I bought it about a year ago at Petsmart out of the bumblebee tank...it kinda looks like a hybrid....thoughts?

klane079

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Postby il0veCichlids » Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:20 pm

i got my 2 bumblebees from petsmart to.. mine got huge.. 5''/. it doesnt look like a hybrid. mine is the same but much darker cuz it got bigger. and for that thing sticking out.. my other fish had that b4. it didnt affect the fish tho
il0veCichlids

Postby klane079 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:08 pm

il0veCichlids wrote:i got my 2 bumblebees from petsmart to.. mine got huge.. 5''/. it doesnt look like a hybrid. mine is the same but much darker cuz it got bigger. and for that thing sticking out.. my other fish had that b4. it didnt affect the fish tho

Thanks for the reply...so it went away?

At first I thought it was about to lay eggs...now I think it is maybe an infection or something? :?
klane079

Postby il0veCichlids » Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:17 pm

lol no they dont lay eggs like that. it might be an infection . but mine went away. mine wasnt as swelled up as ur though. try doing 25% water changes every 3 days
il0veCichlids

Return to General African Cichlid Discussion