Cichlid Fish Forum banner

Cynotilapia afra Lupingu - New Shots

2K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  why_spyder 
#1 ·
Managed a decent shot of the dominant male tonight.

Two shots of the subdominate male that I never knew I had. Thought I only had one male until last weekend when I moved the whole group to the 20H to breed.

...and a short video of the dominant male and girls.

See less See more
1 3
#3 ·
I have a group of 6 afra cobues that I would like to move from my 75 gallon to a 20 gallon high for breeding. (Looking to add a different species to the 75G) This seems to be what you are doing, and I just wanted to verify that you thought that would be ok.

How much rockwork would you recommend putting in the 20 H ? Cover the bottom, or just a few caves...

Thanks

#4 ·
First off, keep in mind that my 20H setup isn't a long-term setup at this time. I simply move groups into the 20H until they spawn - and then move them back to the main tank. Once I have more tanks setup I will be trying a long-term version of what I'm doin' now.

Also, make sure you start out with only 1 male in the 20H - or if you try two males be prepared to move one back to the main tank (75 in your case). The more females the better of course, but I would have at least 3 females minimum.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.