Cichlid Fish Forum banner

A different kind of "Do it yourself" Project.

61K views 133 replies 82 participants last post by  fishjunkiez 
#1 ·
*** always wanted to draw my fish as cartoons , but never got around to it until recently. I plan on drawing more fish in the future as time allows. feel free to use these images as avatars , or leave a request for your favorite fish or a just a suggestion and I will try to get to a few of them.
thanks!

LELEUPI, FRONTOSA , BLACK CALVUS.

Not for commercial use without permission!

See less See more
#103 ·
LOL

thanks for all the great comments. I dont like to think I quit on you guys....but life got in the way. I had large crash in one of my tanks and lost about 90% of the fish. Now Im thinking of down sizing , but I cant choose what what tank to sell.

#109 ·
pork_chop said:
Daughter was born a couple weeks ago, So time and space is hard to find right now.
Congrats Congrats Congrats ... how exciting for you. Do you know that your tank filters will be a great calming white noise for her? Sleep when you can and drawing can take the back seat until you find time to enjoy your hobbies again. Have fun with your new little one!

#110 ·
Pork Chop, you are definitely talented. I will second the request for a Rusty. My male defies the norm of them being less aggressive. He puts everyone in their place in my tank and thats against 14 Dems, and 6 Full size labs even though he is only about 2/3 the size of my dominant male Dem and half the size of the Labs. I can email you a reference pic of mine if you can spare the time.

#115 ·
Man are you in for a treat. Little girls are the best thing to happen to a dad. I know that all dads seem to want a boy but man, I would not trade my little princess for nothing in this world. She does everything that dad does and doesnt care how nasty, dirty, or messy we get. I have taught her how to take care of fish, plumb a sump, and clean a nasty filter. Don't get me wrong sons are awesome, I have 2 but my little princess definitely takes the cake. Congratulations buddy, and enjoy your gift.

#116 ·
This is a paid commission for a user here. The user has asked that nobody use this for an avatar. thanks.
Its not my intention to advertise services here. I'm actually quite busy with other projects, but I can fit the occasional request in from time to time.

#124 ·
Pork chop,

I love your work!

So, if I understand your work flow:
1) Pencil drawing
2) Scan image
3) Color image with PS?

I am a new Photoshop user CS6. Been spending most of my time learning to work with photos. Plan to start lessons on text soon.

I do have a lesson to convert a portait to a cartoon - haven't done that one yet.

Russ :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.