Cichlid Fish Forum banner

Home made food

3K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  daver.r 
#1 ·
Hey guys
I am thinking of making my own food for my oscars and I have been reading recipes on the net for it and have sort of mixed what people have said to suit what i have avalible and am just going to see what u guys think of it before I make it and so you's can give me advice if I'm missing any thing or if something shouldn't be in there
Here's what I have so far:
prawns
Frozen fish
Shrimp
Bloodworms
Baby bananna food
Baby carrot food
And frozen peas
Thanks Sam

#2 ·
i would suggest leaving out the bloodworms, as they tend to be rather dirty. I would prefer not to add the bacteria and whatever is in the bloodworm slop to a frozen food. you will need a binder such as gelatin or Agar. Some will suggest adding some garlic and or frozen spinach.I used to fee mine beef heart.

#5 ·
RobertGayle said:
Personally, I disagree, for a number of reasons. I've purchased many items at our farmers market that were baked by neighbors in their kitchens at home, and I've never gotten sick...... :dancing:
Nothing like home-baked, farmer's market beef heart and bloodworms in agar, am I right, boys?! I eat it all the time, and I'm healthy as a horse! ;)

#6 ·
Storiwyr said:
RobertGayle said:
Personally, I disagree, for a number of reasons. I've purchased many items at our farmers market that were baked by neighbors in their kitchens at home, and I've never gotten sick...... :dancing:
Nothing like home-baked, farmer's market beef heart and bloodworms in agar, am I right, boys?! I eat it all the time, and I'm healthy as a horse! ;)
LOL! That would explain a couple of things! ;)

#7 ·
Dawg2012 said:
LOL! That would explain a couple of things! ;)
SHHHH! Dawg!!! They still think I'm NORMAL! ;)

#8 ·
Good recipe i used to make my own Oscar food after a bout with Hith. I added health store vitamins cured the Hith extremely fast and my Oscar looked amazing.
I did this for my smaller fish at the time also and the colors were outstanding in all of them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.