Cichlid Fish Forum banner

Keeping Xeno's

768 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  jtranscriptus 
#1 ·
So I'm thinking of getting another tank in the near future and have become increasingly interested about Tangs and specifically Xenotilapia.

I will have either a 75g or a 6x2x2 to house them. I was thinking of housing them with ParaCyprichromis or non-jumo Cyprichromis and maybe a pair of Calvus or Comps. A local breeder has some really nice Xenotilapia sp. "Papilio Sunflower" (Isanga).

Given that these are what I'm interested in what numbers of juvies should I look to obtain and how many am I aiming to end up with for both tank sizes? Also what ratios?

Cheers

#2 ·
I found them to be the most sensitive fish I have ever kept. They are pairing fish, but you should keep more than one pair in order to stop the male beating on his female.
I think two pair in a 75g would work, but the six footer would be better for them IMO. Cyp pavo would possibly make a better tankmate than leptosoma.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.