Cichlid Fish Forum banner

Need help quick! Agresion!

1K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  1Cichlid17LoVeR7 
#1 ·
I have 3 convict cichlids currently in a 20 gallon tank. Recently one of the males has gotten quite agressive causing a fish to be on his side most of the time. The two males are about 4.5 inches and the female 2 inches. The submissive male seems completely fine besides being bullied. Would you suggest moving him to another tank? And would he be able to comfortably live in a 10 gallon by himself its the only thing i have access to. The fish are all about 10 years old and the female layed eggs making the male more aggresive. If i do move him is there a suggested way to do so without streesing him out more?

#8 ·
I will most certainly not give him away. Unlike you who seems to have no emotional attachment to your pets i have a soul and have grown attached to these fish over 10 years. I cant believe you would even suggest just giving away a pet of 10 years especially when i said i can move him to his own seperate tank. He can stay in the 10 gallon and seems much happier and better allready. Thank you very much hauntingurcoma you were very helpfull. Its only been a few hours and he seems much happier and is swimming upright and isnt really on his side anymore.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.