Central American Cichlids • EBJD Grow-out tank *pic*

Discussion regarding only Central American Cichlid species. (Guapotes, Jack Dempseys, Red Devils, Firemouths, Convicts, Texas Cichlids, etc.)

Moderators: CjCichlid, Iggy Newcastle

Re: EBJD Grow-out tank *pic*

Postby bluejack23 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:54 pm

I would be careful about doing large frequent water changes. Honestly imo your lucky they lived initialy because after 3 weeks with no fish in the tank the media you used would most likely be useless because there was no ammonia to feed on. Anyway I keep ebjds and currently have a pair (ebjd male,bgjd female) and a male rotkeil severum in a 75. And another one in a community 75 both around 6 inch after about 2 years. You will be pleased with these fish
bluejack23

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Postby bluejack23 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:55 pm

Also I keep my ph at 7 but be carefull if you lower it not to lower too rapidly
bluejack23

Postby Koteckn » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:37 am

I had a small african in there for the first 3 weeks and then moved him to my brothers tank so it wasn't fishless. I've decided to leave the Ph around 7.6-7.8 bc thats what it is from the tap and a few people said that should be fine.
75 - Ebjd, Rokteil Sev, Spotted Green Sev, L128, 2 rainbowfish
33L - Multi Colony
30B - Peacocks (3)
20L - Pair Enantiopus Melanogeny
Koteckn

Postby Koteckn » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:08 am

Well about 3 weeks later and my one ebjd is thriving and the other seems to be sickly with an internal parasite; which is being treated now for the 3rd time with a different medicine. I love the look of my tank and how it's changed over the past month or so, my thought at least :D . As you can see below, it's made drastic changes and yesterday I just added the floating plant; which I think looks awesome. I also have a few more rocks soaking that i plan to add to the tank within the next week.

Tell me what you guys think.

Ill keep you up to date with how my fish are doing and post pictures of them growing up

May 21, 2012

May 30, 2012

June 20, 2012
Sorry for the glare...

And my healthy ebjb, my guess is he's a male and about 6-7 weeks old. His fins are very pointed and almost stretch to the end of his tail.

Sorry for some of the image qualities as these pictures were taken with my iPhone.

Howie :thumb:
33L - Multi Colony
30B - Peacocks (3)
Koteckn

Postby Koteckn » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:09 am

Well, after medicating, it seems that my EBJD is more active but still eating on the lighter side. I had him in there alone after my runt EBJD passed a week or two ago. I decided that since he was alone I would add some others to hopefully cause him to be more active and pass this illness. I decided to add 3 smaller regular JDs, in which he already bosses around so my plan is working when it comes to that, and i added 6 neon tetras just for some color. I also added another floating plant which cases a shadow perfectly to the left of the root in the picture, although the shadow isnt clear from the picture.

everythings starting to come together, I just hope the EBJD pulls through.

Howie
33L - Multi Colony
30B - Peacocks (3)
Koteckn

Previous

Return to Central American Cichlids