Cichlid Fish Forum banner

Post pics of your Oscars!!

29K views 107 replies 60 participants last post by  dorsal112 
#1 ·
I know I am kind of stealing this from the JD forum, but it got lots of replies, and pics.

I would LOVE to see some other Oscars, and their homes!

Thank you :)

#82 ·
TheFishGuy said:
Welcome to the C-F oldsrocket. Nice oscars, I used to have a 72 Cutlass, 72 Hurst Olds and a 72 442. :) Thn I had kids and fish! LOL
Thanks FG. I would have responded sooner but I forgot about this post.

I've had my '67 Cutlass for 17 years now and haven't driven it yet. Its been an on and off project since the day I bought it. Like you said.....Kids and fish. Only in my case its been kids, bought a house, etc.

#87 ·
I have not had Oscars since I was a kid (very long time ago). Here are the two I picked up this weekend. They are sharing a 125G with a Titanium Flowerhorn (partitioned to keep them apart). I was planning to buy just one. I stopped by a number of lfs (plenty in my area), but could not find anything of decent quality. Since most all of my fish tend to live full lives, I was taking my time finding the right one to keep me company for the next 10+ years. I took a relatively long trip on Saturday to one of the best stores in the area. I found these two scared to death in an extremely bright tank and couldn't pass either one of them up. They are about 1 1/2".

#88 ·
vfc said:
I have not had Oscars since I was a kid (very long time ago). Here are the two I picked up this weekend. They are sharing a 125G with a Titanium Flowerhorn (partitioned to keep them apart). I was planning to buy just one. I stopped by a number of lfs (plenty in my area), but could not find anything of decent quality. Since most all of my fish tend to live full lives, I was taking my time finding the right one to keep me company for the next 10+ years. I took a relatively long trip on Saturday to one of the best stores in the area. I found these two scared to death in an extremely bright tank and couldn't pass either one of them up. They are about 1 1/2".

that's right they like dim lighting.very nice

#93 ·
Here's Wicket, my little guy:

Thanks to my husband being a softie, and having fallen for this guy as much as I have, I now get to call him mine. Hooray!
Soon there will be a nice tank for him, where he can continue to duel me for control over the gravel vacuum - only then, the vacuum will be larger... We shall see :lol:

#96 ·
goddogo1 i hope you know thats tank might not be big enough when the 2 are fully grown. on top of that if its not 2f you have a big chance of future agression

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.