Lake Tanganyika Species • seting up a 75g

Discussion regarding only Lake Tanganyika species.

Moderators: triscuit, Floridagirl

seting up a 75g

Postby mobafrontlover » Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:46 pm

Okay i just redid my 75. I removed the old sand moved some fish around my multis and julies recived thier own tank an sold my punks. The tanks main group will be my breeding group of altolamprologus bcpw i got from razzo. The tank has a few tonna shells and 2 cichlid caves as of right now.

Im up to any ideas anyone wants to throw out there.

Im thinking of going may ways planted wit a shell dweller and/ or v. Moori. Open with a sand sifter or feather fin. Rocky with cyps and gobies.

The tank is in my bed room id like to try and keep it colorful and active.

Just remember i would like to keep the altos as the main inhabitants
mobafrontlover

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Re: seting up a 75g

Postby triscuit » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:19 am

Cyps and gobies! That way you get the larger number of schooling fish in open water, and the goofball antics of the leapfrogging gobies. I'd add some shellies too.

Numbers:
15 non-jumbo cyps
6-8 gobies
6 shellies
Plus your altos

I suggest that this set up would still have mostly open sand to keep your altos happy. Decide where their territories are first, stick the shellies in a corner (they'll provide prey for the altos), then add some tall slate on the back wall for the cyps, leaving them a decent portion of sand to sleep on. A few small perches (flat raised rocks) for the gobies and you are done. :popcorn:
triscuit
Global Moderator

Postby mobafrontlover » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:08 am

Sound like what i was going with
mobafrontlover

Postby mobafrontlover » Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:21 pm

Okay this is the set up im going with the altos a group of callipterus for shellies. Eretmodus cyanostictus zambia blue spot. But as for the cyprichromis does the jumbo and non jumbo kigoma look the same color wise i like the purple in the jumbo. But im thinking ikola, utinta, or kigoma.
mobafrontlover

Return to Lake Tanganyika Species