Lake Tanganyika Species • is this set up suitable

Discussion regarding only Lake Tanganyika species.

Moderators: triscuit, Floridagirl

Re: is this set up suitable

Postby Cajen » Sun May 27, 2012 9:39 pm

Ok with the Sumbu keeping the Multie fry population down, especially since it is only a 29g... As long As they stay away from mom and dad Multie :)

So, if I go that route, kill the main rock work on the right and replace with larger shells?
Cajen

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Postby Cajen » Sun May 27, 2012 9:40 pm

Delete dupe msg :oops:
Last edited by Cajen on Sun May 27, 2012 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cajen

Postby Cajen » Sun May 27, 2012 9:41 pm

Delete dupe msg
Cajen

Postby 24Tropheus » Mon May 28, 2012 1:19 pm

About right I think but you could leave a lot of rockwork in as a sight brake (and suprisingly multies like to tunnel under and between rocks to protect young not only using the shells and under the shells but any dug protection to hand). And after getting some genuine lake Tang authentic Neothauma shells I was shocked at just how small these are (less than 1" across with less than 1/2" opening). Maybe add smaller shells for the multies and use the large escargot for the dwarf calvus. Your prob the best judge as you can see the shells yourself but its quite suprising how big a fish can fit into a small shell. :thumb:
Tanks 180, empty revamping 100,65,60g Tropheus/tang communities 75g revamping. 29gx3 shelly communities, 29g Trigs breeding. 20gx2 shelly tanks. BCA member 207. Try it you might like it.
24Tropheus

Previous

Return to Lake Tanganyika Species