Cichlid Fish Forum banner

my DIY tank stand/rack, and other DIY projects..

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  iwade4fish 
#1 ·
Well, as some may know already, *** been asking quite a bit about building my stand/rack. well, i finally have it built and somewhat setup.

Now let me start off, im no carpenter. But, it was easy enough, id totally do it again.

I have a couple pics from the build (taken with my phone) and ill hopefully get more shots as i finish it up completely.

Here, i just had 2 of the shelves done, and was trying to visually see the gap (in this pic, those are 2ft legs)

This shows the height of the top shelf, and the approximate height for the middle shelf.

This is with all shelves in, still needing to add the extra length and height supports

different angle

and here it is completely built.

and here it is, in its resting place in my room (basement, concrete floor).

i will be adding 2 more 10 gallons in the middle row to make a total of 6.

1 55
6 10s
2 20L

Next is getting an air pump and a few more sponges.... and figure how to heat all of this!

See less See more
#2 ·
The final dimensions are 72" long, 21" deep, and theres 19" in between each shelf.

Of course, it wasnt till after i had this built, and tanks on it, that filling the bottom 2 tanks, and even the 6 in the middle row, were gonna be hard with a bucket.

So for the middle row, i will be relying on gravity from a bucket resting next to the 55. BUT, for the 2 20s on the bottom, i came up with this.

its a bad shot, but i used 2" PVC. What this picture shows is where i would fill it. The 2" to 3" adapter is removable (so i can use it on the other side) but the rest of the piping stays (the 2" to 3" connects to a 60deg bend, which has a length of PVC, then goes to a 90deg bend into the tank. i will be building another one for the other tank tonight and hopefully will have better pictures.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.