Aquarium Setup • Ideas for background please help!!!!

New to the world of cichlids? For discussion on how to set up new tanks, including placement, filtration, substrates, water, etc. No stocking discussions here.

Moderators: triscuit, fmueller

Ideas for background please help!!!!

Postby ryans125g » Wed May 09, 2012 5:20 pm

ryans125g

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Re: Ideas for background please help!!!!

Postby mightyevil » Wed May 09, 2012 5:34 pm

If you are keeping the ship in there, I would definitely make a cool background for it since you are not really going for the biotope look...right?

This maybe? Of coarse, just the skull and swords... Heck, I'd offer to make it for you if you paid for the shipping but I am so overwhelmed with projects that I can't. Unless you are willing to wait a few months... :D
mightyevil

Postby Deeda » Wed May 09, 2012 5:36 pm

I would just paint it black.

Are you considering an in-tank background or just one to attach to the rear? Please be more specific.
Deeda
Global Moderator

Postby ryans125g » Wed May 09, 2012 5:48 pm

would that be 3d the ships def staying paid a arm and a leg for it but more importantly my cichlids love it
ryans125g

Postby ryans125g » Wed May 09, 2012 5:50 pm

thought about painting it black but just seems to dull and it will consume my decor inthe tank
ryans125g

Postby mightyevil » Wed May 09, 2012 6:52 pm

Yes, 3D skull, I wouldn't do it any other way! Eyes and mouth would probably work well for caves too! Pure AWESOMENESS!
mightyevil

Postby ryans125g » Wed May 09, 2012 7:32 pm

omg u have me so siked it be worth the wait i would def donate a couple bucks but copy write is all you shipping would not be a problem let me no thanks alot sounds like pure awsesomeness im so excited
ryans125g

Postby mightyevil » Wed May 09, 2012 8:09 pm

LOL, I siked myself up! Gonna try starting it today if possible. Again, I don't want to promise anything cause I do have a lot going on and so little time but I will try. I may very well start today and then go a while without working on it again but we will see... What are the dimensions of your tank?
mightyevil

Postby ryans125g » Wed May 09, 2012 9:58 pm

its a 125 gal 6ft long 18" wide 20" deep omg i dont think im gonna sleep tonight im crazy siked geez oh
ryans125g

Postby AulonoKarl » Wed May 09, 2012 10:17 pm

I'm not usually into the underwater shipwreck look, but I like yours. I'm excited to see how this background turns out. I've never seen anybody really go all out with this type of theme. It could be pretty awesome.
AulonoKarl

Postby mightyevil » Thu May 10, 2012 1:38 am

Yeah, I liked the ship too so when I saw it, I thought PIRATES theme would be sweet! I am a biotope kind of guy though so no crazy themes for me but I had always wanted to try it, here is my chance at it!

So I have started working on it, just cut up the styrofoam I will be using for the skull and will be gluing it together. I hope it dries quick so I can start carving tonight but I doubt it... will update tomorrow night. I am officially out of styro so I cant make the whole background, just the skull and swords. If you want, I can buy more styro and you pay for it when you pay for shipping (styro is about $14.00), wont make you pay for anything if you dont like it. I am sure someone else would probably buy it if you dont ( I am feeling confident, lol). Let me know, take your time...
mightyevil

Postby ryans125g » Thu May 10, 2012 9:45 am

of corse im siked up ide love to see progress of the updates just go ahead with it i definitly pay for the styro and shipping i have a good feeling can u email me with some info so i can look into what shipping rates go for Williamsryyan28@yahoo.com thanks alot
ryans125g

Postby mightyevil » Thu May 10, 2012 9:04 pm

What info do you need? My zip code is 90660, I am in California and it definitely will not weigh more than 10 pounds, I don't even think it will weigh 5 pounds but after the bubble wrap and box it just might...
mightyevil

Postby mightyevil » Fri May 11, 2012 12:56 am

Alright time for a sneek peek but I am starting a thread for this build, go check it out Ryans!!!
mightyevil

Postby zquattrucci » Fri May 11, 2012 9:24 pm

sounds good do you have any pic of it yet we all would like to see how it is looking
zquattrucci

Next

Return to Aquarium Setup