Cichlid Fish Forum banner

Ideas for background please help!!!!

1K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  nudge 
#1 ·

See less See more
#2 ·
If you are keeping the ship in there, I would definitely make a cool background for it since you are not really going for the biotope look...right?

This maybe? Of coarse, just the skull and swords... Heck, I'd offer to make it for you if you paid for the shipping but I am so overwhelmed with projects that I can't. Unless you are willing to wait a few months... :D

#4 ·
would that be 3d the ships def staying paid a arm and a leg for it but more importantly my cichlids love it

#5 ·
thought about painting it black but just seems to dull and it will consume my decor inthe tank

#7 ·
omg u have me so siked it be worth the wait i would def donate a couple bucks but copy write is all you shipping would not be a problem let me no thanks alot sounds like pure awsesomeness im so excited

#8 ·
LOL, I siked myself up! Gonna try starting it today if possible. Again, I don't want to promise anything cause I do have a lot going on and so little time but I will try. I may very well start today and then go a while without working on it again but we will see... What are the dimensions of your tank?

#9 ·
its a 125 gal 6ft long 18" wide 20" deep omg i dont think im gonna sleep tonight im crazy siked geez oh

#11 ·
Yeah, I liked the ship too so when I saw it, I thought PIRATES theme would be sweet! I am a biotope kind of guy though so no crazy themes for me but I had always wanted to try it, here is my chance at it!

So I have started working on it, just cut up the styrofoam I will be using for the skull and will be gluing it together. I hope it dries quick so I can start carving tonight but I doubt it... will update tomorrow night. I am officially out of styro so I cant make the whole background, just the skull and swords. If you want, I can buy more styro and you pay for it when you pay for shipping (styro is about $14.00), wont make you pay for anything if you dont like it. I am sure someone else would probably buy it if you dont ( I am feeling confident, lol). Let me know, take your time...

#12 ·
of corse im siked up ide love to see progress of the updates just go ahead with it i definitly pay for the styro and shipping i have a good feeling can u email me with some info so i can look into what shipping rates go for Williamsryyan28@yahoo.com thanks alot

#17 ·
I like the ship to, but if it were me i'd take the stern off the rockshelf and bury it in the sand a bit. It would look a lot more realistic if all 3 segments were buried in the sand. You could leave a rock under the front piece of the ship to give it the angle but pile sand all around it so the rock looks like its coming outta the sand to make it look more realisticI reckon it would look a lot more like a sunken ship and not an ornament, but thats just me, nice setup.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.