Cichlid Fish Forum banner

bio media

732 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Anthraxx8500 
#1 ·
bio media
bio balls571.43%
the sponge ment for bio228.57%

#3 ·
I like the ceramic rings and think they do a good job. Just received 4 boxes of fluval biomax yesterday for my new canister filter. I have only used bio balls in wet dry environment. I am not sure how well they work completely submerged. Some say they work fine submerged while others say that other bio media work better submerged.

On my AC110 while I do have th3e ceramic rings I am willing to bet that the two sponges hold more bacteria than the rings as there is just more surface area simply because of the two sponges versus the small bag of rings.

#4 ·
+1 for tubes/rings. I have 4 boxes BioMax in my FX5 and it does the business very well. Never used balls or sponges. My only wet/dry filter was an old Eheim in tank one from back in England which was part of my original 50 gallon setup and that used Efisubstrat.

#6 ·
thats weird i had the ring as an option but it didnt show lol. well thanks for the reply guess im going with rings. any more input?

#9 ·
why is there no both option? i do sponges in my canister filters dbled up at the bottom. middle is all bio media wether pond matrix, bio balls, or ceramic products. and water polishing foam inserts on top. this is all paired with additional water movement from koralia powerheads and sponge filters as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.