DIY - Projects & Ideas • DIY Cave :)

This is for do-it-yourself projects and inventions.

Moderators: Deeda, Kanorin

Postby Rob1984 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:27 pm

123vb123 wrote:Maybe foam would be cheaper in the long run, as for plants, id say it depends on the fish

Rob1984 wrote:
123vb123 wrote:Make more! bet your fishys love it

Ya I'm wanting to do 45deg for the right side of the tank, but the one I just did used the entire tube of glue I had hahahaha, I think it looks alright... Look even better with a couple plants around them tho.... What kinda plants you's think will look good with or around em....

Foam ? Like what ya mean by that ? I just want a few plants that have similar looks, I don't like the super stiff really fake lookn ones.... I have a somewhat stiff one and it looks nice more natural green and then the far right plant is a reptile plant very soft and flows and looks real as ya can get
Rob1984

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Postby 123vb123 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:43 pm

Rob1984 wrote:
123vb123 wrote:Maybe foam would be cheaper in the long run, as for plants, id say it depends on the fish

Rob1984 wrote:

Ya I'm wanting to do 45deg for the right side of the tank, but the one I just did used the entire tube of glue I had hahahaha, I think it looks alright... Look even better with a couple plants around them tho.... What kinda plants you's think will look good with or around em....

Foam ? Like what ya mean by that ? I just want a few plants that have similar looks, I don't like the super stiff really fake lookn ones.... I have a somewhat stiff one and it looks nice more natural green and then the far right plant is a reptile plant very soft and flows and looks real as ya can get

When i say foam i mean polyurethane, be sure to get the aquasafe one! Its a bit more pricey than the regular one, but defiantly cheaper than silicone, over here that is. You just rub it and dip it, let it cure and your good to go.

As for plants, doesnt some cichlids dig up the plants? What fish are ya holding
If the fish had not opened its mouth, it would not have been caught.
123vb123

Postby Rob1984 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:01 pm

123vb123 wrote:
Rob1984 wrote:

Rob1984 wrote:

When i say foam i mean polyurethane, be sure to get the aquasafe one! Its a bit more pricey than the regular one, but defiantly cheaper than silicone, over here that is. You just rub it and dip it, let it cure and your good to go.

As for plants, doesnt some cichlids dig up the plants? What fish are ya holding

So just rub the foam and I'd dip the pvc pipe ? Doe it have texture or ? I have my bottom substrate sand glued to the pipe there now, ya cichild dig plants up, these plants are plastic with waited botttoms so far none bothers with the plants.. And yes everything in my tank is a cichild of some sort.. Except one...
Rob1984

Postby deaver » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:24 am

no offence, i don't like it the way it is now. i'd like to see it when it looks more natural with algae all over it, but thats just my opinion.
deaver

Postby Rob1984 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:59 am

deaver wrote:no offence, i don't like it the way it is now. i'd like to see it when it looks more natural with algae all over it, but thats just my opinion.

That isn't nice :( haha naw man its cool I agree I think it'll look too cool with some alge on it here and there for sure just gotta give it time..
Rob1984

Postby DanniGirl » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:28 am

Not a bad idea for an instant cave.
Good job.
DanniGirl

Postby 123vb123 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:37 pm

Yea id try that Rob!
Gone cost you twice the price of the whole tank if your gone make 20 pibes with a tube of silicone for each lol
123vb123

Postby Rob1984 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:51 pm

123vb123 wrote:Yea id try that Rob!
Gone cost you twice the price of the whole tank if your gone make 20 pibes with a tube of silicone for each lol

Wasn't a full tube of silison I used was a full tube of the lepage aquarium glue... Prolly the size of 2 travel size toothpaste tubes 2gether...
Rob1984

Postby 123vb123 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:34 pm

Rob1984 wrote:

Wasn't a full tube of silison I used was a full tube of the lepage aquarium glue... Prolly the size of 2 travel size toothpaste tubes 2gether...

ic, totally missunderstood your first post then :D Price might not be such a dilemma with lepage glue? I dont know. Anyway, make more and stack them.. and as a member said earlier, will look good with algae on them, you might even be able to grow some plants around them, that way it will look way more natural id say.

Regards
123vb123

Postby Rob1984 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:35 pm

123vb123 wrote:
Rob1984 wrote:

ic, totally missunderstood your first post then :D Price might not be such a dilemma with lepage glue? I dont know. Anyway, make more and stack them.. and as a member said earlier, will look good with algae on them, you might even be able to grow some plants around them, that way it will look way more natural id say.

Regards

Yep should look a lot better with some algea growing here and there that may take awhile to happen lol, as for plants I'm trying to find some nice fake plants some silk or really soft to the touch kind like I have now, real ones isn't the best as the cichilds in there grab the fake one and shake em lol..not sure if I'd want to have some that get stacked as only a few of the fish want/like to hide, and there are a few different spots for em to get under now...
Rob1984

Previous

Return to DIY - Projects & Ideas