Cichlid Fish Forum banner

150 gallon up and running

719 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  DJRansome 
#1 ·
first off.. any time I enter the chat room I am unable to type.. anyone know the problem? I see people typing but when I go to text field I am unable to do anything.

I am looking for different suggestions for tank improvement. I think that the rocks and stuff should be pulled.. I have a few plants I just happened to grab a few at petco just to see if they will eat them up.. I am thinking of different rocks than these flat stones... And in the process maybe more plantage. I

This little guy looks like a Mbuna. I was wondering if anyone knew what type. Not aggressive at all and I like the colors.

I have several haps and peacocks in there.. Not that the image helps see that. And a few varied mbuna's. I have 4 Melanochromis auratus.. I am thinking of re-homing those guys as they are the most of aggressive of any of them. I have a bunch of demonosi fry and yellow/golden lab (hybrids) that are starting to grow.. most will have to go to new homes but I was wondering what people thought of introducing these guys into a peacock/hap environment. I could use some new color.

See less See more
#3 ·
I think a taller stack would be cool, lots of biger flat rocks fastened together. I have easy access to texas holey rock so thats what i use but i was thinking about drilling holes in a bunch of rocks and putting a long bolt through it all. having pillars going to the top of the tank or something like that

#5 ·
Looks like your fish density is very high already...what are the dimensions of your tank and what stock do you have in there already?

I do like chunkier rocks instead of or along with the flat ones.

Rusties might or might not be too aggressive with haps and peacocks. But pretty much every other mbuna is very likely to be too aggressive with haps and peacocks. Labs usually work. Acei often. Rusties occasionally. Other mbuna are likely to be problems like your auratus.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.