Cichlid Fish Forum banner

Four Tank Rack

10K views 58 replies 25 participants last post by  jchild40 
#1 ·
New tile. Tanks are coming in next week.

See less See more
#5 ·
I did not lay the tile, although I have in the past. I do countertops and backsplashes, no floors. Apparently I'll be spackeling, sanding and painting next week. :thumb:

It's a basement.

Tanks only two high and two wide. They will basically fill in the rest of the wall in the back with a door opening to the access-way behind.

#7 ·
That's going to be a nice space for some tanks. I'd be hard pressed to have just 4!

#9 ·
I might have to kick a couple of my kids out to make space for one of these fish rooms!!

:thumb:

#11 ·
ahud said:
DJRansome said:
In another year I will have 2 less people in my house. I can always expand again. :thumb:
Watch it, our generation tends to come back :lol:
I know this to be very true. Had one that moved out came back..moved out..then just crashed at home once in a while lol. Now I have another moving out but the wife already claimed that room for scrapbooking :?

#12 ·
kojak76 said:
ahud said:
DJRansome said:
In another year I will have 2 less people in my house. I can always expand again. :thumb:
I know this to be very true. Had one that moved out came back..moved out..then just crashed at home once in a while lol. Now I have another moving out but the wife already claimed that room for scrapbooking :?
I think a fish tank or 6 would look great in a scrapbooking room :p

#13 ·
quentin8 said:
kojak76 said:
ahud said:
DJRansome said:
I think a fish tank or 6 would look great in a scrapbooking room :p
Tried it...went over like a ton of rocks. I'm lucky i got the 240 in the living room and not the shed.

#14 ·
DJRansome said:
I did not lay the tile, although I have in the past. I do countertops and backsplashes, no floors. Apparently I'll be spackeling, sanding and painting next week. :thumb:

It's a basement.

Tanks only two high and two wide. They will basically fill in the rest of the wall in the back with a door opening to the access-way behind.
Oh- come on, where's you sense of adventure?! LOL! :lol: The tile looks good.

Spackeling and painting can be fun, especially since it's your "fish" room. :thumb:

It's looking good so far!

#21 ·
Walls are painted and lumber for racks will arrive today. Pics later.

Question re the Shrimptom drain for fmueller. On the intake end of the contraption, what is the proper name for the PVC part you show on your website? I know the elbows and T's...

And what is the purpose of having something other than the end of the pipe there? The netting keeps out foreign objects...but what is the function/advantage of the part on the intake end?

#23 ·
This will be awesome!

Just a question, how does tile handle the weight of the tanks? Idk what size tanks you have, but imagining my 2x55g set up on tile makes me nervous

#24 ·
I have tile under all my show tanks upstairs, that includes a 125G. Upstairs, the floor is tiled over wood with a layer of "mud" between wood and tile.

Ceramic tile should not be a problem in this new room installed over level concrete with proper adhesive.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.