Cichlid Fish Forum banner

rate the the tank above you!!!

1M views 3K replies 1K participants last post by  Discusluv 
#1 ·
scale for 1 to 10 ..rate the tank above you....then post the pic of your tank for the next one to rate and keep this post going... :thumb:
[/img]

See less See more
#2,277 ·
I give yours an 8. I like the river rocks and your light fixture, but I hate the green filter tubes. I was gonna get an eheim canister once, but the tubes threw me off. My brother has those same plants and he says his mbuna leave them alone, hornwort I think, right?

#2,280 ·
BullyBuddies said:
I give yours an 8. I like the river rocks and your light fixture, but I hate the green filter tubes. I was gonna get an eheim canister once, but the tubes threw me off. My brother has those same plants and he says his mbuna leave them alone, hornwort I think, right?

Thanks :) Those green tubes... But the filter is just wonderful. I'm going to replace them with black tubes as soon as I can find ones that will work in a shop somewhere.

The plants are actually bacopa monnieri - don't ask me why the mbuna don't eat them, but they're clearly doing alright. I added the first one intending it to be salad within a couple of days. I've had hornwort before, the mbuna don't eat them - but if you don't like floating plants all over, they're not a good choice. They will find a way to rip them out of the substrate and move them.

The salousi tank is lovely!

#2,281 ·
I give the last tank an 9, its a little high but i just like the simplicity of it it all flowes together nicely. Great job wsp

Well here ist the 125 finaly has water in it and will be pulling out all the driftwood, rock amd fake plants and going with all new rock and lots of it for africans. but here is what i have set up so far. Just some dither fish right now to speed up the cycle.

it's cloudy right now sorry but painted background and sump filtration system.

#2,285 ·
my new all male hap/peacock 125g.......

#2,289 ·
FishCity said:
TrashmanNYC: You didn't rate my tank, before you posted. Any comments?

Gags: I'm guessing your ratting is for TrashmanNYC tanks, correct?

:fish:
Sorry, I forgot. 7

#2,291 ·
JD.. sweet discus and I love the room divider... I would give it a solid 7 just for the clean, simple, and happy looking discus.... I like a little bit more environment for the fish, plants, taller wood, etc... but I also like open space.... either way sweet tank... and I love lion king..

Here is my 55 gallon... it is now growing out some Nics to hopefully get a big pair... I need to work on hiding the equipment a little better... have a couple other tanks I can post up later on too...

#2,299 ·
13razorbackfan said:
Cerdik said:
Nice and simple. "7" for me. (Hide the equipment and you are at 8 :thumb: )

Here is my..

That is one of the best if not the best backgrounds I have seen. Did you make it?
Thank you! :wink:
Yep, made it myself. 14 days of hard work :) .
Actually, Im writing the "manual" for everyone who like's it. I will post it in couple of days. Have a look in here for some photo samples http://www.cichlid-forum.com/phpBB/view ... p?t=242366

#2,300 ·
I give 9 to Cerdik, very nice tank and nice background!

And 5 to parrotkeeper. Try to remove the background and replace some stones to give the tank simpler look - place only one kind of rocks, preferably some gray or other dark round stones and the tank will look much better! But thats only my opinion.

Here is my new fishtank, how do you like it?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.