Cichlid Fish Forum banner

Should I make changes to my 125?

950 views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  ridley25 
#1 ·
Minus the missing background... I cant decide if I like it or not. It will house mostly mbuna. I have a couple c moorii to add and some OB peacocks.

Left side:

Right side:

tank shot:

See less See more
#2 ·
Looks like a decent start. What's you're hoped-for stock list?

kevin

#3 ·
Love the rocks. I like all the plants except that hairgrass looking bright green one in front. That one bothers me for some reason...I think it would look good without it.

#5 ·
Looks neat! I like how you situated the rocks in the tank; they look natural. :thumb:

However, since it is a critique, :wink: , I'm going to be a picky. I agree with DJ about the plant in the center and I also think the plant near the far left of the tank (in the first shot) doesn't really fit. On the other hand, the tall grass you have the far right looks awesome! Any chance you can swap the smaller pieces for more of those plants?

Obviously you're not going to please everybody and at the end of that day, it's your tank. Overall, it looks great. =D>

#6 ·
DJRansome said:
Love the rocks. I like all the plants except that hairgrass looking bright green one in front. That one bothers me for some reason...I think it would look good without it.
LOL....I totally agree...that type plant always looks out of place to me.

Other than that it looks very natural the way the rocks are stacked and they are going to pop under lights. It looks very good so far. I like it!

#9 ·
The green hairgrass plants are officially gone lol... or moved to behind the rock pile. I was torn on them. I just feel like its "missing" something.

I love that tall plant in the back right too. The caves will be good for a while, when they're adults, about half will be too small. I have no doubt Ill have to tear it all down at least once before they're grown anyway lol.

Ridley... Im keeping mbuna, mostly. I have a couple OB peacocks and c moorii, but the rest will be mbuna.

#13 ·
Looks like a good set up for mbuna. Seems to lots of caves and spaces. I you wer up for it, a break or two in the structure with more high, vertical rocks in between would create some sightings breaks, which are often as good or better than caves.

Kevin

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.